Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

HI! Please help. Planning a tour to Dublin and i need vital info ........ Please help

• 05-12-2004 12:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭

Hi,

I'm a school teacher and i need vital information about transport around dublin city. We are planning a trip to the Dáiil for early Febuary.

===================================================
    The information I need is:

*How long (time)is the journey on the Luas from Abbey street to Heuston Station ?

*How much is a ticket for 12-14 year olds. (is it a student or child ticket)

*How long(time) is the walk from Kildare St. to O'Connell st.

*Would you suggest we:
    1) get the luas from Heuston Station to Abbey St. and then walk to Kildare St.
    2)Get a bus(no.92) from Heuston Station to Kildare st.

If you can answer any of these questions please do, it would be very much appericated.

Thank you,
    :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,645 ✭✭✭Shrimp

*How long (time)is the journey on the Luas from Abbey street to Heuston Station ?

5 - 10 Minutes Tops!

You will be charged at the child rate... Student Rates only apply on the 7 Day or 30 day tickets. The Price of a child for that distance is €0.80c

5 Minutes!

*Would you suggest we:

I would suggest that you get the luas as it is more frequent than the buses in dublin! As the Children your bringing on a trip seem to be older (Not toddlers) then I think they will be able to handle the 10 minute walk from Abbey St. to Kildare St.

I hope this was helpful!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 32,136 ✭✭✭✭is_that_so

Here are some answers, although not 100% on Luas

I have been told it takes 20 minutes although there is supposed to be a new bus service 92 I think that will take you to other Luas Line ie -Stephen's Green

See web site
    http://www.luas.ie/document/index.asp?head=3

This is probably 15 minutes, although I would allow 20 ( I don't know anyone who can do it in 5 !!)

My suggestion is

92 is better option as it will take you to Stephen's Green check out
    http://www.dublinbus.ie/home/
    for timetables

walk to O'Connell Street/Abbey Street after visit ( You might as well see a bit of the city as well ) and then get Luas back to Heuston.

Enjoy

Hi,

I'm a school teacher and i need vital information about transport around dublin city. We are planning a trip to the Dáiil for early Febuary.

The information I need is:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 78,457 ✭✭✭✭Victor

How big is your group? Is it big enough to warrant a coach / mini-bus?
    We are planning a trip to the Dáiil for early Febuary.
    I presume you have sorted an invitation?
    15-20 minutes depending.
    Child return €1.50, adult return €2.50 on Luas. http://www.luas.ie/document/index.asp?head=3

Route 92 http://www.dublinbus.ie/your_journey/viewer.asp?route=92
    * A special Adult flat fare of €1.25 applies on this route from Heuston Station to St. Stephen's Green
    * All other fares €0.95
    * Child fare €0.55
    * Bus/Rail tickets are valid on this service.

"Bus/Rail tickets are valid on this service" This means you should be able to buy your through ticket from home station all the way to Kildare Street.
    The recommended time from St. Stephen's Green Luas to Abbey Street Luas is 15 minutes. Remember that you will be crossing some of the busiest, most overcrowded streets in the city with a group of people not familiar with them.
    *Would you suggest we:
    1) get the luas from Heuston Station to Abbey St. and then walk to Kildare St.
    2)Get a bus(no.92) from Heuston Station to Kildare st.
    Route 92 gets you much closer to where you want to go and I'd go with this.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Hi Everyone

Thanks for the help very much guys, so can I buy the ticket in the train station that i buy my train tickets in, that will include the trip to kildare St.

Thanks for the help very much guys, so can I buy the ticket in the train station that i buy my train tickets in, that will include the trip to kildare St.
    Yes. Just make sure that the cashier is aware of these tickets (it's one combined ticket), not all are. Talk to the local station master in advance and say you want to buy X many tickets for Y date. He may be able to either give them to you the day before or have them pre-printed on the morning. You might also be able to get a group rate and book a single carriage (to keep an eye on the little [strike]dears[/strike] monsters).

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 78 ✭✭Hi Everyone

Is there any Bus that runs from o'connell St. to Heuston Station or would it be better for us to get the LUAS?

On bus No.92, how long is the journey from Heuston to Kildare St.

Thanks a million, ye are very very helpful !!!!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 95 ✭✭irishboy99_

The 90 & 91 buses run from TARA ST. to HEUSTON STATION just across the R.LIffey

Is there any Bus that runs from o'connell St. to Heuston Station or would it be better for us to get the LUAS?
    You could get the Luas form Abbey Street to Heuston or the 90 / 91 / 92 from Aston Quay (next to O'Connell Bridge)
    On bus No.92, how long is the journey from Heuston to Kildare St.
    Probably 20-30 minutes off-peak, depending on traffic.
    The 90 & 91 buses run from TARA ST. to HEUSTON STATION just across the R.LIffey
    The 90 runs Heuston <-> Connolly (via Tara Street on the way back). 90a runs Heuston <-> IFSC (via Tara Street on the way back). A small number of 91 busses run from Heuston to St Stephen's Green one-way only. 92 is Heuston <-> St Stephen's Green.

Advertisement