Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Automatic Card Shufflers

Options
  • 05-12-2004 2:02pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭

Hey, just thinking of getting one of these for my home games between my friends, as it often takes awhile to shuffle or cards get dropped etc.

Just wondering are they any good?

Do they shuffle well without ruining your cards? Do they take ages to shuffle? Are they noisy etc.

Cheers

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 166 ✭✭Georgey Burgess

CoD wrote:
    Hey, just thinking of getting one of these for my home games between my friends, as it often takes awhile to shuffle or cards get dropped etc.

Just wondering are they any good?

Do they shuffle well without ruining your cards? Do they take ages to shuffle? Are they noisy etc.

Cheers

I bought one to go with my chip set and poker table top. To be honest they are just a gimmick as we had a home game last night from about 9 till 6 this morning and used it maybe twice.

It does shuffle the cards well and quickly, I don't think the cards get damaged at all and they are a little noisey.

My mates were actually all quite impressed with it but after using it to shuffle the fresh deck we just did the standard hand shuffle for the rest of the nite...... the kids love it though :rolleyes:

• Registered Users Posts: 2,364 ✭✭✭Mr. Flibble

I got one of those last xmas and I didn't find it very effective. Took just as long to put the cards on it and press the button as it would to shuffel them once. .With my one ay least you have to put the cards through it a few time sto get a decent shuffel.
    Its probably best to bet 2 decks and get the guy to the dealers right to collect the cards and shuffle them ready for the next deal, while the dealer deals the current hand. - make sure the 2 decks are different colours :)

• Registered Users Posts: 2,886 ✭✭✭Marq

Or hire a dealer (Will work for tips..).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,897 ✭✭✭BigDragon

Marq wrote:

You should be studying....not pimping yourself....or getting regulars banned for nt marking them down as paid on the reg sheet. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 320 ✭✭CoD

Marq wrote:

I have no problem giving you small tips, but you'd have to make your own way from dublin to belfast :)

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,493 ✭✭✭mcaul

We sell them in special days but they are really just a gadget that will be rarely used. More suited for multi deck blackjack than poker. Ideally you need minimum 2 decks (up to 4 decks).

End of day they are more suited to someone who has difficulty in shuffling (arthritis or such) than for a serious player.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

There was one on sale in heatons for €12 so I bought it and I can tell you that it doesnt do exacly what it says on the tin. I put a brand new deck in and it came out in the exact same order. Cack.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 medZer

i dunno how - that is not possible. think smart guy, split the deck once? its gotto at least split them 2 of the same number/face different suit..

anyway, thats all very anal...

i have one, and its really for playing with peolpe who cant shuffle...stops cards being mashed together....played a home game and a J got mashed on one corner...no one said anything, only one other guy noticed it...we played it ALL night...

get one, if your friends are a bit thick...

oh, and medZer's joke of the day?

how do you kill a circus...

go for the juggler...

my mom says im cool, i swear...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,937 ✭✭✭fade2black

Think smart guy? Prat.

it's a crap shuffler. Get it and find out for yourself.

Advertisement