Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Peugeot 307 (chaning bulbs)

Options
  • 05-12-2004 4:26pm
    Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭

Does anyone out there know how to change the headlight bulbs in the new 307s. It is a 2.0 Hdi engine and it is packed in there, which means there is no room to get your hand in at the back of the light to change the bulbs.

The only way seems to be to take the headlight out. I have loosened the two plastic screws as instructed in the manual but it just won't come away.

Any help appreciated.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,392 ✭✭✭BrianD3

I'm not familar with the 307 but I know in some cars the headlight is designed to "hinge" to one side after loosening a couple of bolts rather than having to be removed completely.

What's the peugeot owners handbook like, does it give detailed instructions on how to change a bulb or does it advise you to go to a Peugeot dealer to get a bulb changed.

BrianD3

• Registered Users Posts: 656 ✭✭✭davidoco

The manual just gives a description of removing two plastic screws and a style cover but doesn't give a picture of where they might be located. It does give a good description of the different components of the whole fitting.

I'm afraid the garage will charge me for changing a bulb so I might be forced to send my wife down to the garage just before closing to buy one and ask nicely if there is anyone around to change it - she would probably get away without paying for what should only be a two minute job. Plus having to visit the garage to change a bulb just doesn't seem right and there is no mention of that in the book.

Advertisement