Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

An unusual Saturday night occurence.

• 05-12-2004 5:05pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭

I was out with my gf and her friends last night. As a pre-emptive strike against having to go clubbing (namely going to Havanna Browns), I wore my nice bright white runners, and use that as an excuse for not going.

Anyway, I had to at least go to the door with them so they would see me getting stopped, then I could go home/go somewhere good.

Approaching the door, I whispered to the a doorman "please stop me, please stop me", to which his reply was whispered again- "f*ck ya, if u dont want to go in so bad, how can I stop ya"! So I had no excuse, and had to go in.

And what a beautiful place it is. Puke evrywhere, rugger buggers trying it on with any piece of tail that moved. Guys in opal fruit coloured shirts, with belts hanging by their knees. What a dump. At least they had 500ml bottles of Tiger ;)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

hmm
    simple solution = dump your bird ;)
    naa i kid but seriously me n my missus always go somewhere where we both wanna go and we definetly wudnt go somewhere where one of us dont want to go

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

Well, she goes to my places an awful lot, so Im no pity really.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,348 ✭✭✭radiospan

LOL. Wear a Celtic jersey in future, tbh. :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

Yeah Havana's is such a hole alright. I don't even try to make excuses for not going there anymore, I just say "**** that, going home". Bed is so much nicer :)

In good news, the Savoy should be re-opening soon (no really this time ;) ).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 21,296 ✭✭✭✭gimmick

^^^^

As a club or a 'venue'?

I always felt it was way too big to be a club.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 33,518 ✭✭✭✭dudara

A buddy of mine will always wear a nice bright polyester football shirt out if he fears there is any chance of the group going to Havana's. Then he feels confident in saying, "there's no point in me trying, they won't let me in anyway"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 775 ✭✭✭Evilution

dudara wrote:
    A buddy of mine will always wear a nice bright polyester football shirt out if he fears there is any chance of the group going to Havana's. Then he feels confident in saying, "there's no point in me trying, they won't let me in anyway"

This Havana sounds like a right $hitehole. Thanks for the tip, I'll be sure not to go in there any time soon.
    As for letting yer burd drag you in there.....give and take man, give and take. You bring her to your places and she brings you to hers (although if Havana is 'hers' then I'd take GaRtH_V's advice and kick the bitch to the kerb).
    Hope you're aware that it'll only get worse over the xmas period.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I was wondering, is it actually legal to enforce a dress code for a club? I know admissions at their descretion, but can they actually have a sign up saying "no runners" or "ties must be worn"?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 9,230 ✭✭✭OLDYELLAR

Ha must try that next time im scuttered and they wont let me in

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Blisterman wrote:
    I was wondering, is it actually legal to enforce a dress code for a club? I know admissions at their descretion, but can they actually have a sign up saying "no runners" or "ties must be worn"?

Yes, It's at the managers descretion..... Even if you are wearing an armani suit and the bouncers don't want you in there, they'll find a reason.

John

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,616 ✭✭✭ClareBear

I used to like Havanna's....but after going back for the first time in over a year a few weeks ago I told myself NEVER AGAIN....what did I ever see in that place! It was better before they did it up! And have they never heard of air conditioning?

I can't believe I defended that place for so long...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 526 ✭✭✭dendenz

I just forget my ID I would ??

Stark wrote:

In good news, the Savoy should be re-opening soon (no really this time ;) ).

If that's true then hurrah!! :D

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

It's reopening this Friday (10th december).

Yippidy!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 342 ✭✭treefingers

yeah everyone i know hates havana browns. i'm kind of surprised that it gets busy at all. such a dump.

but great news on the savoy though!

Advertisement