Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

H: drive from home

• 05-12-2004 6:12pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,421 ✭✭✭

If you don't know how to access your h: drive from home, try this...

after logging in to ucd connect, click on my files

you should get a popup saying Novell blahblah

Last year there was already a link to the h: drive for me, but not this year.I had to set it up again this year for some reason. Maybe they only reset it for us engineers. anyway, if its not there and you want it:

hit configure links

in the short name box write "h:"

In the description write "Home Directory"

in server write "boru.ucd.ie"
    that's the one for me, but other faculties may need to write something else in here.

You'll have to find the path yourself, but it's easy to find.
    Open My Computer and find the icon for your h: drive. I'm not in college rite now, so i can't see it, but i think it has something like "e03bf*** on /us6/eng/e03/e03bf*** [H:]" written there. so that's what you write in path.
    If you dont see it there, right click, hit properties, and you might see it around there somewhere.

mine is "/us6/eng/e03/e03bf***"

Then Make It So.
    you should have a new icon now on the left saying h:

click on it, you'll be asked for a password and stuff.

the username is .e03bf***.eng.student.bf.ucd or whatever. just put your computer logon name in where i have e03bf*** and your faculty where i have eng e.g comm, arts, sci etc.

remember the dot in front of your computer logon name. it's important.

then put in your password, and you're away.

Advertisement