Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Portishead

Options
  • 28-05-2001 5:52pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭

Who likes them ?
    anyone know when there playing in ireland next ?
    i have both CD's + the live gigs.

Coyote

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

I wouldn't hold your breath for an Irish gig or a new album anytime in the next year or two.

It might be a good idea however to have a look out for Andy Smith gigs around the place (sometimes advertised as Portishead DJ sets, him being the dj for a lot of the tracks), last time he was in Dublin was over a year ago at this stage iirc.

Last time Portishead played Dublin was '96, and I cursed myself repeatedly for missing it.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,236 ✭✭✭Coyote

Same here i was so ****ed i missed that gig frown.gif
    anyone know where i could buy the "only you" vid it's so cool.
    why are they so slow bring out stuff seems like years from there last CD

Coyote

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

oops I spoke to soon,
    http://www.bristolsound.co.uk/cgi-bin/article_display.cgi?section=News&sid=1&article_id=232 Geoff Barrow helped setup that site so I presume the news is pretty accurate, its just over the past three years Ive heard rumour after rumour after..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Portishead are cool.

I've only heard the Dummy album, but they are really great.
    Wouldn't mind going to see them.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,379 ✭✭✭Mills

I like a bit of Portishead too smile.gif

• Advertisement
Advertisement