Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Stereo change on Focus

Options
  • 05-12-2004 7:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭

Yes another stereo changing question but wanted to get rid of the old bubble button standard radio in my focus and was thinking of doing it myself if it's easy.

So questions:

Is it easy to change the radio in a Focus? (Never swapped a radio in my life)
    Whats a good unit to get? (want one that will read mp3 cd's)
    Where's a good place to get one? Am I better ordering online or going into a shop?

Am I right in thinking that because the face of the radio in a Focus is fairly big if I swap it out will I be left with a space above and below that will look like ****?

Cheers for any info.

CL.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 368 ✭✭smokey2

it's reasonably easy to do and you should be able to get a adaptor for the difference in size of the radio from any decent motor factor or accessory shop!!

as for buyin a sterio I'd say ebay for it they can be got for very small money there and you could probably get the adaptor there aswell!

• Registered Users Posts: 9,893 ✭✭✭Canis Lupus

reasonably easy eh? Can anyone point me in the direction of any good websites showing how to change a stereo? The user manuals don't even show how to remove the radio although I'm guessing the suspect looking four holes, 2 on either side of the radio are the way forward...

Advertisement