Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

OK so whats so rong with Limp Bizket?

Options
2»

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Klay

Lol! You swear....your trying to be pop and appeal to kiddies. You don't swear, your trying to be pop and appeal to kiddies. Can't win, can you? :P
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">And Deftones are just rock, they're not metal and they're certainly not nu-metal</font>

What a load of Bull****. Deftones are Nu-Metal. Rock is REM, Creed, Santana etc. If you had any idea about music genres, you'd know that.

Why would any band want to promote the self mutilation of their fans? If they all go around commiting suicide..who's gonna line there pockets? biggrin.gif
    Like I said before..its got nothing to do with the bands. If they go around cutting themselves and showing it off, they'd probably do it anyway even if they don't listen to those bands, cause they'd have to be pretty ****ed up to actually think someone wants them to kill themselves.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Have you ever listened to SlipKnot? They regularly have lyrics about their own self mutilation, and cut themselves on-stage</font>

Where are you getting that info from? Do you have any idea what they're lyrics are actually about? Cutting themselves on stage? Who the hell does that?!

Slipknot are a decent enough band...no one has gotten that angry since Slayer came on the scene. (That was over decade ago!) mad.gif

And so what if all these bands have annoying, snotty little kids as there fans nowadays. That's not a reason for downing the band. TV, the media, etc. decides whats pop and whats not....All they can do is follow

Anyway, we're gone way of topic...
    Nothing wrong with Bizkit...great band..keep it up smile.gif

"(Shaft error to Klay[b-airlock140.esatclear.ie]: Erection reset by queer)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Klay:

Where are you getting that info from? Do you have any idea what they're lyrics are actually about? Cutting themselves on stage? Who the hell does that?!
    </font>

Because I might actualy know about the band?
    I might have actualy listened to them, and read their lyrics...
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">From the song Scissors
    "I play doctor for five minutes flat
    Before I cut my heart open...and let the air out"
    </font>
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">From the song Purity
    I am not a dog, but I'm the one your dogging
    I am in a buried kennel
    I have never felt so final
    Someone find me please, losing all reserve
    I am ****ing gone, I think I'm ****ing dying
    Cut me - show me - enter - I am
    willing and able and never any danger to myself
    Knowledge in my pain, knowledge in my pain
    </font>

All it is, is hate.
    Total and utter anger.

Who cuts themselves on stage?

Ozzy has done it, Marylin Manson, Casey Chaos (Amen).
    I can get pics for you if you'd like?
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Klay:

Like I said before..its got nothing to do with the bands. If they go around cutting themselves and showing it off, they'd probably do it anyway even if they don't listen to those bands, cause they'd have to be pretty ****ed up to actually think someone wants them to kill themselves.
    </font>

You have it the wrong way around.
    It's them that want people to think they want to kill themselves.

Not them that thinks the songs tell them to kill themseves.

And you don't see my point do you?
    They aren't doing it because of the bands...
    Get what I'm saying yet?
    It's the bands that are appealing to them.
    It's the trend to feel ****ed off at the world, and these bands are playing on that.

Read the SlipKnot lyrics I posted...
    It's all about the feeling of being ****ted on.
    A Most Nu-Metal bands play on this.

[This message has been edited by AngelWhore (edited 25-05-2001).]

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

Using Creed as some sort of meter stick to judge all "Rock" music by now, are we? Laff.

REM are a great band, and like many great bands you can't lump them into one category. So don't.

Deftones are about as far from nu-metal as the Smashing Pumpkins, and that's pretty far. It's not their music that makes people call them nu-metal, it's people's ill-informed opinions that does that.

Slipknot may not go around actually promoting suicide, because if they did, wouldn't they have to back it up? It's the idea that "ohh...you better be nice to me or I'll do something to myself" that makes the idiot kids like the image. Oh and because it's the "in" thing. Or was...

The difference between Linkin Park and the other nu-metal "bands" is that Linkin Park is the first ever manufactured nu-metal band. They are owned by their record company who are obviously targetting the younger age group, whereas bands like Slipknot probably didn't set out to capture the teen-market.

And, finally, if you re-read my post you'll notice I said "thing that annoys me the most...". I was stating my contempt for some(majority) of their fans who never knew they existed until recently. Not once did I mention any hate for Limp Bizkit, indeed I'll probably go to their concert. As **** as they are it will be good fun. biggrin.gif

Gota www.mp3.com ..pick up a music mag...ask anyone in the know! Deftones = Metal, Creed = Rock....its when you start mixing all these genres that everyone starts getting confused.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,203 ✭✭✭Excelsior

How about not worrying too much about little boxes, seeing as someone has already deftly pointed out, the best musicians will be too big for them.

My Adolescent website:
    http://www.iol.net/~mullent

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

at the end of the day, limp bizkit are musicians who write and play songs. i dont think their purpose in life is to see how many kids they can get to cut themselves and all that crap, maybe the record companys do, to try and make more money, but not the band.

from my point of view its all very simple. i put the limp bizkit cd into my cd player, i play the cd, and i like what i hear. simple. i dont cut myself, or buy overpriced hoodies. instead i go buy more limp bizkit music because i liked it.

is there any chance that ppl on this board will stop trying to force they're taste in music down other ppl's throats? there are so many ppl here that think they are superior to kids like me just because they like the frames. your born with your musical taste, if i love blink 182, your just gonna have to live with it. i have respect for, but dont like the frames, but it doesnt bother me that you do. music is all about diversity, if everyone loved the frames things would be a lot duller. not all of us kids just follow blindly whatever the trend is, or whatever is popular, so plz stop stereotyping us, as thread has done in abundance.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 333 ✭✭Dark-Ninja

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by NekkidBibleMan:

There's plenty wrong with Limp Bizkit though....

1) Fred Durst doesn't sing, he whines.
    2) They swear so they appeal to 10 year olds (my generation anyone?)
    3) They come across as such utter twats in interviews
    4) They have facial hair issues.
    5) They're nu-metal. And everybody knows that 'nu metal = sux0r!!1111111'
    6) They've very few decent riffs in their songs
    7) They try to be hip-hop/rap - oblivous to the fact that Fred Durst can't rap (getcha groove on anyone?)

</font>

EXACTLY what i was thinking frown.gif

|** Signing Off **|
    [-FI-]-Dark-Ninja-
    Vice Clan Leader and Match Arranger

Well said Sliotar...couldn't have said it better meself biggrin.gif

Erm...I don't think anyone meant that Limp Bizkit encouraged people to mutilate themselves, I think that came from the Slipknot offshoot.
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sliotar:

not all of us kids just follow blindly whatever the trend is

</font>
    Well that's exactly what my post was about, kids who do do that.

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

Sliotar,
    This topic was about finding out people's opinions of Limp Bizkit - and that's exactly what people have given. People have expressed and argued their like and dislike of them, but they haven't forced their opinions on anyone.

I wouldn't tell people not to listen to Limp Bizkit and other nu-metal, but just as people do with their favourite books and films, I would suggest they try some of my favourite bands. If people didn't do that, we'd all be listening to what we see on MTV.

Most of my friends are into Limp Bizkit ,'teenie bopper' or dance stuff and it doesn't bother me. Everyone has different musical preferences. I doubt anyone's playlists would be the same (mine ranges from Boney M to One Minute Silence for example).

There is no right answer in debates of this nature. Its all to do with the individual, they're knowledge, appreciation, and taste of music.

Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham! You just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
    hello.

• Advertisement

Well said Nekkidbibleman!

Anyway...
    Don't take what I say too seriously.
    I find that opinions, when presented in text form, can seem far more opinionated...

Yeah, maybe that doesn't make much sense...

Like I said in another post, what I am saying is really just a generalization. And not a properly solid opinion.

Meaning, while I do beleive what I am saying at the moment, I also think that I could be easily proven wrong.

If you can see my meaning.

Yeah I know nobody directly tried to force their taste in music down our throats, well one guy did a few posts back, and i know nobody has directly stereotyped us, but you just get the feeling that ppl are trying to do that. not just in this thread but in the whole board, i dunno i guess im just kina dispointed that theres no-one here into the offspring, blink 182 and that kinda stuff. music is all about diversity but its nice to have a few ppl to share your diversity with smile.gif

Mmm, but Limp Bizkit, Offspring, Blink182, Slipknot etc aren't exactly "diverse" now are they?

K, I'll shup.

I kinda like The Offspring... smile.gif

But as far as punk rock goes, you just cannot beat AFI. They are just the ****ing kings!

Give a listen to the Sliotar. They rule!

yeah i think i'll do that. they were signed up by nitro records, dexter hollands (lead singer of the offspring) very own record label, so they must be good wink.gif i just have'nt gotten round to listenin to 'em yet.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Well its a fair comment to say we all love the offspring*pity about conspiracy of one though frown.gif* but they arent punk ..best punk around folks is NoFX smile.gif

Shrewgar!

Would Alien Ant Farm classify as Punk rock? They're pretty good them...'cept the main guy is a bit of a freak..

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

The Vandals. smile.gif fooking great stuff

Or, there's an irish 70's punk band called Stiff Little Fingers (they are 'the next Green day' according to the guy in High Fidelity - shows how much he knows :P), got some great stuff.

www.slf.com is the website I think, you can download songs from there (check out Suspect Device)

Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham! You just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
    hello.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭-ADREN-

Angle Whore throw some of those AFI songs at me .. i want to get some.. name one of there best!

Days Of The Pheonix

Sacrifice Theory

The Lost Souls

6 to 8

Great songs...

• Advertisement

thx.. know where i can grab them in mp3 format?

Any ways about limp Bizket they have any new album planned?

AFI - God Called In Sick Today. GREAT song.

And try here as an alternative to napster.

Advertisement