Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Amazon.co.uk: What ******s!

• 05-12-2004 9:07pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭

I ordered about seven things off them for chirstmas presents and I have sent a sterling drafyt(cheque) to Amazon and over 2 weeks have passed and they say they haven't received it yet.

There was an item i ordered that went out of stock, so I cancelled it from my order and the order number changed. I emailed them to inform them.

I got a reply saying they haven't received my cheque yet, and they where asking for cheque numbers, name on cheque, order number etc. and today I got an email off them again (i left out cheque number by accident) and I then sent it to them!

I then clicked on the my account section, and it now says I've never placed an order with them. :mad:

So, at the moment, they have a £168 sterling draft, no record of it :rolleyes: and apparently my items weren't even ordered. :confused:

What should I do? MAJOR CHRISTMAS CRISIS HAPPENING!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Jesus, that's messed up royally! Get on to your bank immediatly and get them to cancel the cheque.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Jesus, that's messed up royally! Get on to your bank immediatly and get them to cancel the cheque.

It was a sterling draft from An Post. Wonder with my reciept could they do it and cancel it?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Well as for the cheque getting there I am assuming you sent it via recorded post, if so get onto An Post. If you didn't sent it that way then get onto the Bank and get the Draft Cancelled (if possible).

Amazon are normally very reliable but then again I have only dealt with them using my CC. Its unusual for their system to lose an order like that.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Yeah, of course! Go do it hastily, my friend.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,984 ✭✭✭✭Lump

Get it cancelled, afaik with bank drafts, even if it's been cashed they'll still refund you.

John

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,543 ✭✭✭sionnach

bank drafts are a ridiculously unsecure payment method afaik.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,971 ✭✭✭mp3guy

um, complain, and chances are you'll get a load of free stuff. Really, i mean rip the **** out of them in an email

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

mp3guy wrote:
    um, complain, and chances are you'll get a load of free stuff. Really, i mean rip the **** out of them in an email

without getting agressive , just say how disappointed you are , and how you won't be using their service again unless something is done blah blah ****ing blah .

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,264 ✭✭✭JBoyle4eva

Ok, just checked Amazon again and my order is back up again. I'm beginning to think it was just a glitch of the system.

Must apologise for rude email i sent, feeling very guitly at the moment! :o

• Closed Accounts Posts: 704 ✭✭✭rander00

aye, tis to be sure. auch aye.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 17,294 ✭✭✭✭A Dub in Glasgo

Could it ever occur to you that the problem here is sending such a payment and expecting it all to be sorted before Christmas? It is not Amazons fault that the draft has taken so long to be delivered to them.

My dad sent a draft over to me for £1,330 and it took 12 days to get to me (Dublin - Glasgow!!). I got it on Friday, I know the delay is not on this side as I received a DVD from Canada in 6 days, a DVD from Hong Kong in 4 days all during the time I was waiting for the draft from Dublin.

I would get a Credit Card and use that for some Christmas Shopping.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 134 ✭✭boo4842

sionnach wrote:
    bank drafts are a ridiculously unsecure payment method afaik.....

Agreed, I wouldn't order anything online without a credit card and its fraud protection insurance.

Not to mention the fact that Amazon really isn't designed for payments via draft. Its an e-store, dealing in e-payments. I'm surprised they would even accept a draft.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,767 ✭✭✭Hugh Hefner

boo4842 wrote:
    I wouldn't order anything online without a credit card and its fraud protection insurance.
    Same here. I've used eBay a bit and I don't bid unless they accept PayPal both for the insurance and just because it's quicker and easier.

Advertisement