Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Billy Corgan joins New Order!

Options
  • 23-05-2001 6:29pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭

from nme.com:
    <font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">
    New Order - 'Tonight Billy's staying at home, playing with his pleasure dome'
    EVERYTHING'S GONE GRUNGE

NEW ORDER have recruited SMASHING PUMPKINS frontman BILLY CORGAN as their new live guitarist, NME.COM can excusively reveal.

Corgan, who has been friends with the band for years, will join New Order onstage when they play Japan's Fuji Festival in July, as well as when they tour with Moby across the US in August.

Speaking exclusively to NME.COM, New Order singer Bernard Sumner also said that Corgan would be playing with the band when they play a top-secret warm-up gig in the UK, which is currently being planned for late June or early July.

Corgan appears on the band's forthcoming album, which NME.COM can reveal is called 'Get Ready', and is out through WEA/London on August 27. It's their first since 1993's 'Republic'.

'Get Ready' is preceded by a single, 'Crystal', to be released in July, their first new material since their track 'Brutal' featured on the soundtrack to 'The Beach' film.

Corgan features on a track called 'Turn My Way', which Sumner said reminded him of the Smashing Pumpkins as soon as he'd written it.

"Billy has been a New Order fan for years, and used to come and see us every time we played Chicago when he was about 17 or something. We've known him since then and I just rang him up to see if he wanted to do this track. It's gone on from there. I'm a big fan of the Pumpkins," Sumner explained.

However, Sumner said that Corgan would not be a permanent member of the band - but was being drafted in due to the temporary absence of keyboard player Gillian Gilbert.

Gilbert, according to partner and New Order drummer Stephen Morris, is having to take an indefinite sabbatical from the band to care for their 18-month-old daughter, who's recovering from a serious illness.

</font>
    doesn't he deserve a little better?

Durty auld MORRIS drums...
    they're fu*kin' great!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 898 ✭✭✭Winning Hand

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by boddah:

doesn't he deserve a little better?

</font>

Billy Corgan deserves a hefty kick in the balls for being such a miserable whiney b@stard.

Seriously the guy cant go 5 mins without dropping the line

"Well that was a happy time for my, unlike now..................." mad.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

But who's going to present the Oscars from now on?

I'm the Dude

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

i admit Corgan is a shíte guitarist, but he is a very talented singer/songwriter and new order seem a little below him imo

they're fu*kin' great!!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,538 ✭✭✭PiE

i admit Corgan is a shíte guitarist</font>

That's a joke, right?
    doesn't he deserve a little better?</font>

He's having some fun with some friends, what's wrong with that?
    "Well that was a happy time for my, unlike now..................." </font>

I doubt he'd make those kind of grammatical errors now, seriously...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 249 ✭✭boddah

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by PiE:
    [BThat's a joke, right?[/B]</font>

fraid not. dont get me wrong, corgan is a wonderfully talented singer/songwriter/showman, and i am a massive Pumpkins fan, but jeez, the man just cant play guitar

they're fu*kin' great!!

• Advertisement

He's a better guitarist than singer.

• Registered Users Posts: 332 ✭✭spod

I think I'm old, I was wondering why the hell New Order were that deperate..

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

i admit Corgan is a shíte guitarist, but he is a very talented singer/songwriter and new order seem a little below him imo
    </font>

New Order Are ****ing Amazing!!! WTF?

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by spod:
    I think I'm old, I was wondering why the hell New Order were that deperate..</font>

Skank.

Advertisement