Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

South Dublin CoCo estates map?

Options
  • 05-12-2004 9:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

Does anyone know where I'd find a map of South Dublin County Council's "corporation" estates, existing, being built and planned?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 78,387 ✭✭✭✭Victor

luckat wrote:
    Does anyone know where I'd find a map of South Dublin County Council's "corporation" estates, existing, being built and planned?
    Many of the council extates with the South Dublin County Council area were actually built by Dublin Corporation outside the city boundary, but taken over by SDCC when SDCC was formed.

I don't know of any (public) map that specificly lists them as separate to privately built estates. However, there may be some hints - streets named after people are areas rather than West Brit style ("Ashford Downs").

Councils are unlikely to build their own estates in future, they will make small add-ons to existing estates and will buy a percentage in developer-built estates. A search of www.sdcc.ie should show up something under the heading "social and afforadable housing".

Advertisement