Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Singer/Guitarist Needed

Options
  • 05-12-2004 10:40pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭

Hey, again I'm on the lookout for a singer and a guitarist, ideally one person to do both. 16-19 preferably, but it's not that important. Must be able to practice regularly on Sundays.We're a Harold's Cross based band. Influences: Mogwai, Tool, Oceansize, Radiohead, Explosions In the Sky, Tortoise, Sigur Rós and many more. Right now the line-up is bass, drums and one guitar. We'd prefer a guitarist who makes cool sounds and textures and can handle alternate tunings etc. rather than a steve vai type. Reply if you're interested.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 207 ✭✭Grim_Reaper

What type of singing voice are you looking for- strong, mellow, heavy, light etc?... Is there a preferance on male/female?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 72 ✭✭Barryoh2004

Not being sexist, but we definitely want a male voice. Not too low and moany, as that was the problem with our previous singer, so not really the Eddie Vedder style. Just someone who has a decent range, can hit high notes well enough etc.

Anyone interested?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,227 ✭✭✭Shanannigan

i'd go for it but a three hour drive everysunday mornin would be a bit of a long haul... i like mogwai, play geetar and sing but sure... if only i lived in dublin....

Ah, well, you can always buy a house here. Tell me if you ever happen to live in dublin in the next few weeks :)

• Advertisement

Anyone? More influences: Elliott Smith,Mars Volta, Jeff Buckley, Godspeed You Black Emperor!,Squarepusher, Redneck Manifesto, Deftones, Múm, Aphex Twin. C'mon now.Anyone? We're all 17ish, just so you know.

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

I have to say, that's the single most impressive list of influences I've seen for any band ever.

Thank you, that's very flattering, but i presume you're not actually interested, or are you?...

• Registered Users Posts: 453 ✭✭dead air

sorry, just like to pass random comments now and again. :)

Advertisement