Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

London Shchool of Investment....Opinions?

Options
  • 06-12-2004 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭

Just wondering if anybody has dealt with this company.

They were at the toys fopr big boys show last year and this year also.

Seems fairly reputable. basically you get a self-teach course, snowball account (300), exam and software that helps your investment decisions for €1500

I cant find them on google so it seems a bit wierd. I have met them since the show and all seems legit enough.

im a newbie to the market, and would like to learn more before I start investing, ill be trying the delta index too.

has anyone dealt with the London School of Investment?

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,295 ✭✭✭Meh

Google turned up this
    Their contact address is "Unit 4, Drogheda Business Development Centre, Donore Road, Drogheda, Co Louth". Which according to my atlas is some distance away from London. Also, they don't even know how to spell "financial". Sounds dodgy...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 647 ✭✭✭fintan

Seems dodgy to me too.

• Registered Users Posts: 24,924 ✭✭✭✭BuffyBot

Seems dodgy to me as well. Gut feeling says stay away

• Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

cool, can anyone reccomend some alternatives?

they have been at the toys for big boys show two years in a row, would they bother a second time if it was dodge?

I can pay by CC, im guessing I could axe the payment if it turns sour.

• Registered Users Posts: 580 ✭✭✭kencleary

Alternatives???

What exactly are you looking for? If its just how to pick stocks I'd recommend: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/tg/detail/-/0071357696/qid=1102335867/sr=1-1/ref=sr_1_1/103-5685569-8008656?v=glance&s=books

If its a course you're looking for, well you could probably do a CFA level 1 course for around 1500 here in Dublin.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,949 ✭✭✭SouperComputer

basically im looking for a course to give me the tools to learn about the stock market with a view to investment starting over the next year or so. Its somthing that I have always wanted to undertsand.

found this via google: http://www.skerrys.ie/eveTP05.htm

it reasures me a little, ill call the school later and see what they have to say

Well who is the london school of investment that they are affiliated with? Seems to me a play on "London School of Economics".

If i cough up the fee i can set up a stall at toys for big boys as well selling my "elixir of eternal youth".

People might be reluctant to come forward about any losses as it is difficult to prove as investing is a very volatile way to try and make money.

If youwant to learn about investing, the CFA is a great way to do it, also dublin business school offer courses, so do smurfit business school and DCU. I would be more inclined to go this route.

At the end of the day it is your money, best of luck in whatever decision you make.

****runs off to set up trader training company****** :)

Sorry to labour a point here, looking at the link you posted, they are offering 8 classes and software which is going to make you capable of making stock picking decisions?

Seriously mate, if its too good to be true..........

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Skybird

Their
    Testimominal section is very interesting !! Note spelling.

Would do you no harm to keep uptodate with the Irish Brokers
    http://www.rte.ie/business/brokerreports.html

Advertisement