Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

The "Dont be a slapper" add

2»

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,253 ✭✭✭✭GreeBo

Conspiracy wrote:
    GreeBo,

Yoiu seem to think I'm some sort of heavy drinker?
    "When I was 15 and I puked from drinking"
    Conspiracy wrote:
    Whats with your accusation about me having lost brain cells?
    because alcohol kills brain cells and you drink
    Conspiracy wrote:
    You just flaming for fun or have you an intelligent comment to make?
    How on earth am I flaming you? Im disagreeing with you.

Conspiracy wrote:
    Where did you get your figures from?
    Have you some data to share with us?
    Or did you simply make them up?
    You can use statistics to prove anything, 62% of people know that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

GreeBo wrote:
    that great advice to 90% of the people, but there are 10% (arguably more) who are not able to live by judging their own behavior.
    You are opening the door for chaos and anarchy.

I'm opening no doors for no-one; i'm not a role model & not a spokesperson for it. I live my life for me on my own terms how I see best to live it. People can make up their own minds (or be sheep & follow blindly as most do!); In life you can either be the sheep, the shepherd or the wolf..... you're one of the three as a person whether you like it or not....

::: ven0mous :::

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,303 ✭✭✭ionapaul

I think he made them up :) But I agree with him, not everyone is suitable for the old 'live your life the way you want and screw the rest' mantra that passes for the orthodox view these days. It is extremely un-PC to say it, but (just like me old mate Prince Charles recently noted) not everyone is equal in terms of ability, or in terms of good judgement. Some people need rules. Others may not. If a 16 year old is going out puking every weekend, compromising their good health and getting into dangerous situations - even if they think 'hey, it feels great, I'm not harming anyone' I would like to think someone would have the courage to try and stop them. Hopefully their parents. If not, maybe society judging them (in the form of boys at their school!) might do the trick.
    Is this a discussion about negative freedom vs. positive freedom? Could some enlightened boardster tell me?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,645 ✭✭✭✭nesf

There are lies, damned lies, and statistics...

To put things in a little bit of a perspective, I drank excessively when i was 16/17 and ended up puking my guts up quite often. Nowadays many years later, I drink fairly regularily (once a week/forthnight) but it's a very rare occasion when I'm either pissed drunk or throwing my guts up after a night out. I've learned some moderation from my youth :)

Just because someone drank heavily in their teenage years, doesn't mean that they will be a heavy drinker in their 20's/30's. Admittedly it's alot more likely, but still, it's unfair to make the assumption.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 47 Conspiracy

Sorry - just wanted to prove a point to myself !

Irish people make things up all the time - but they pull the information out of there ass and state it like it is fact :)

I agree with the point - but it's a pet hate of mine.
    I'm also a statistics student so it gets to me especially since stats are used to manipulate the sheep everywhere, everyday.

This converation has changed topic - sorry if I played a part.

I say spend the tax payers money on it all you want !!!
    As an artist - I don't pay tax - so I don't care. It's the sheep that are paying for this !
    Also - the young girl will feature for a number of weeks, and then the target will be another demographic. The problem is with the whole country, not with young girls. I think aside from the content of the specific advert, it's refective of the way this country deals with drink - By distraction.
    Who benifits from it all? Diagio do of course, and the rest of them. And ultimately, the rich people who run the country do. It's not in their interests to stop drinking - it's in there interests for people to be a total mess - because then they can run a muck like they have done for the past 50 years.

nesf wrote:
    Just because someone drank heavily in their teenage years, doesn't mean that they will be a heavy drinker in their 20's/30's. Admittedly it's alot more likely, but still, it's unfair to make the assumption.
    You mean that the ad shouldnt be run because not all binge drinkers will continue to binge drink?
    Forget the fact that binge drinking is causing you harm?
    Or are you implying that I assumed that Conspiracy is still a heavy drinker? coz I think you will find I did no such thing.

Advertisement