Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ordering from Scan.co.uk

Options
  • 06-12-2004 1:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭

Has anyone every ordered from Scan. They have soem really good offers on at the mo.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Fine unless you have to return anything, for any reason. Then its like getting blood out of a stone. Personally I'd steer clear. Komplett are better. Even OCUK are better, but I've had problems in the past with returns to OCUK aswell. But nothing like as bad as Scan. Scan seem to have 500 sales lines and 1 returns/support line which is never manned.

Maybe they've improved lately though.

• Registered Users Posts: 649 ✭✭✭Kazujo

What were the delivery charges like. A friend of mine from the UK says they are fine delivering over there, not sure if he ever had to return anything though.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,264 ✭✭✭RicardoSmith

Not noticeably different from anywhere esle in the UK. BUt I haven't used them for a couple of years now.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,554 ✭✭✭CyberGhost

bought a keyboard from them, delivery charge is high but it will be delivered by a courier, overall I'm happy with them!

• Registered Users Posts: 18,484 ✭✭✭✭Stephen

Have a search for previous threads about them here... they were universally slated last time this subject came up.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 13,760 ✭✭✭✭mrcheez

Considering buying something from scan today. Delivery to Ireland is around £12, and NI doesn't appear much cheaper.

I take it that there are no savings to be made in regards to delivery using a 3rd party service?

Also is there still a deal where you get free delivery if you are a member of AVForums ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,400 ✭✭✭me_irl

mrcheez wrote: »
    Considering buying something from scan today. Delivery to Ireland is around £12, and NI doesn't appear much cheaper.

I take it that there are no savings to be made in regards to delivery using a 3rd party service?

Also is there still a deal where you get free delivery if you are a member of AVForums ?

13 year old thread! :eek:

Found a few links, but unsure how legitimate they are...

https://www.avforums.com/pages/scan_free_delivery_offer/

And according to this thread there's a minimum spend for free delivery even if you are registered...

https://www.avforums.com/threads/scan-co-uk-free-delivery.1475286/

me_irl wrote: »
    13 year old thread! :eek:

Found a few links, but unsure how legitimate they are...

https://www.avforums.com/pages/scan_free_delivery_offer/

And according to this thread there's a minimum spend for free delivery even if you are registered...

https://www.avforums.com/threads/scan-co-uk-free-delivery.1475286/

woah... you're right. It came up in the search results as the first result related to scan.co.uk.

I'll check those links thanks.

So no-one here has bothered using a Parcel Wizard type service with them?

I was able to apply the discount there alright, but it only applies to UK mainland delivery.

Perhaps AddressPal would be good? Might be a bit of hassle though considering delivery is only £12, which isn't bad considering it's a laptop!

• Registered Users Posts: 3,820 ✭✭✭FanadMan

mrcheez wrote: »
    I was able to apply the discount there alright, but it only applies to UK mainland delivery.

Perhaps AddressPal would be good? Might be a bit of hassle though considering delivery is only £12, which isn't bad considering it's a laptop!

Don't think I'd risk it with AP if it's a laptop - they only cover €40 if it goes missing.

• Advertisement

Nah leave it, £12 ain't so bad ;)

Advertisement