Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Reefer Madness

• 06-12-2004 3:35am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭

Has anyone here seen this? I bought it for under a fiver. It's the most unitentionaly funny movie ever.
    It's a movie from the 30s designed to show people the dangers of "marihuana" addiction.
    A clean cut college student gets given a marijuana ciggarette and takes a puff, and becomes a crazy violent sex maniac, who kills someone and becomes bad at tennis.
    The moral of the story is revealed at the end, when the doctor says "The next tragedy may be that of your daughter's... or your son's... or yours... or yours...
    [points to camera]
    or yours!"
    Just thought I'd start a discussion of it. It's probebly more popular with potheads than any other demographic. The best bad movie.

Oh by the way, the movie is copyright free, so if anyone has a link to download it, it should be ok.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,689 ✭✭✭orangerooster

I saw that-its pretty damn funny alright,where did you buy it?I'd love to see it again!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

it was made as a satire by some jokers.
    its a pis take on the type of anti -maryjane movies made at the time

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

http://www.reefer-madness-movie.com/

you sure about that?
    Reefer Madness began its cinematic life as a 1936 cautionary film entitled Tell Your Children. It was financed by a small church group, and was intended to scare the living bejeezus out of every parent who viewed it. Soon after the film was shot, however, it was purchased by the notorious exploitation film maestro Dwain Esper (Narcotic, Marihuana, Maniac), who took the liberty of cutting in salacious insert shots and slapping on the sexier title of Reefer Madness, before distributing it on the exploitation circuit. Esper was an absolutely notorious figure who would do things like stealing unattended prints of studio films out of projection booths and film exchanges, and then physically drive them from small town exhibitor to small town exhibitor until the authorities caught up with him

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,461 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I bought it in HMV in London, but I'm sure one of the ones in dublin would have it. Theres a special edition, where a guy does a piss take commentary on it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Just bought it myself at the weekend. Got it for three pounds in a shop in Cardiff.

It was a real film at first and then a producer got hold of it and spliced stuff in and changed it a bit. A lot of it is the original film though as far as I'm aware.

Still great fun though.

• Advertisement
Advertisement