Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL Broadband Settings??

• 06-12-2004 9:33am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭

Windows died on me yesterday and the repair option didnt work so I have to intsall a clean instalation of xp. I wasn't around for the NTL installation originally so is there any configuration or settings required for NTL broadband?? Im using the ethernet option by the way.

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

no experience with ntl broadband itself,
    but if your using an ethernet connection , then, in general all settings should be stored in the ntl modem/router.

once you connect it up windows should auto detect the interent connection and use it without setting up.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,617 ✭✭✭talla

crawler wrote:
    Cheers for the link but unfotuantely I've crawled through page after page of FAQ's but there is no link to the actual settings required, they all seem to link back to some stupid FAQ for NTL auctions.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,667 ✭✭✭MartMax

once you connect it up windows should auto detect the interent connection and use it without setting up

the cable modem should have every settings (IP address, DNS, etc.) ready for your network connection. if it fails, just try to cycle power your modem ie. unpowered it for few minutes before get it power back on. if you r running XP SP2, make sure the firewall setting is not too "tight".

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

• Advertisement
Advertisement