Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Panansonic VCR Recommendations!!

Options
  • 06-12-2004 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭

Hi,

I want to pick the aul' man up a panasonic vcr, the reason a panasonic is to match his 36 inch tv. The most expensive one and the one with the most features is the NVSV121EBS model..

http://www.panasonic.co.uk/vcr/nvv121ebs/index.htm

Does anyone have any experience with this?? Is it easy to use.. cos he aint gettin any younger I dont wanna confuse him too much, hence I aint gettin him a DVD recorder..

Can you watch something taped on a S-VHS machine on a normal VHS one.. I am assuming that the only difference will be the playback quality!!

Thanx,

Branners

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,285 ✭✭✭eoinf

be careful this is an english model which might not necessarily work here in ireland we require a UHF & VHF tuner in the recoreders in order to pick up the channels of NTL Chorus ect. the english models only have UHF tuners in them i would recommend giving alliance electric on georges st in dublin a call if there is a irish model they will prob have it in stock

on the panasonic models they all have SQPB - Super-VHS Quasi Playback
    which allows you to play back s-vhs tapes in pretty good quality too

however i would still definitely consider a dvd recorder
    like this they are as easy if not easier to use than a video recorder

again its panasonic and alliance electric should be able to help you out

• Registered Users Posts: 2,699 ✭✭✭branners69

eoinf,

cheers for the reply.. will drop into Alliance Direct to see what they have on offer!!

Nice one..

Branners

Advertisement