Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

3g video format

Options
  • 06-12-2004 10:52am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭

Can anyone tell me what the format for 3g video is.
    thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

3gp..

Its not exclusive to 3g either, been able to encode in that format of phones for quite sometime now..

• Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

elderlemon wrote:
    Can anyone tell me what the format for 3g video is

detailed info here on 3GPP and 3GPP2, and some background/usage info with Apple Quicktime

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,143 ✭✭✭spongebob

very efficient codec , about 1mb a minute max .

M

• Registered Users Posts: 17,441 ✭✭✭✭jesus_thats_gre

detailed info here on 3GPP and 3GPP2, and some background/usage info with Apple Quicktime

ahh the amount of time I spent on that site back in my final year in college brings a tear to my eye..

• Registered Users Posts: 1,014 ✭✭✭elderlemon

3gp..

Its not exclusive to 3g either, been able to encode in that format of phones for quite sometime now..

thanks - so Quicktime viewer or Realvideo should be able to play this on PCs?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 4,027 ✭✭✭flywheel

yeah - more recent versions of Quicktime and Real will play it back on a PC - Real may have to download supporting files but that should be an automatic process

Advertisement