Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Best Record shops?

• 06-12-2004 12:09pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭

Howya
    I'm a Kiwi in Dublin looking for some Funky House/ Big House / Happy House tunes. I found my way to Abbey Discs and also to Spin Dizzy and Tower/HMV anyone suggest any more good record shops holding some goo tunes?
    Cheers Mungaman :confused:

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,035 ✭✭✭Bri

I find Abbey a pain in the h*le. Unless your a regular or have a very simple purchase to make I find them ignorant and clique'y as hell.

There's a few new shops that others can give details on I'm sure. Temple Bar has one at least opposite the Bad Ass Cafe (behind the Central Bank), and there's a small one one the mezzanine of Urban Outfitters (also Temple Bar).

Sorry but I just can't afford vinyl any more so knowledge is hazy at best.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 118 ✭✭Mungaman

Mate your bang on about Abbey, I found it hard to get service and being a reular would def help. I did pick up some nice tunes there but took ages to get a deck it was very very busy. Cheers for the advice on Temple bar I'll check them out this week end. :D

No worries. Only time I ever got decent service there was after a couple of return trips OR ring in your pre-order and get your pile handed to ya ready to listen. Maybe try that.

If it helps the main man himself is called Billy and there's Tara or something along those lines too.

• Moderators, Music Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators Posts: 9,389 Mod ✭✭✭✭Lenny

selecteh on crowes lane, down stiars is big brother recopords they have a lot of house etc.
    purple moon records which is about 10 metres down the laneway from itwhich would have a bit of everything

• Closed Accounts Posts: 292 ✭✭spyro_2001ie

These days i buy all my vynil online, Saves loads of time, plus if i go into town with intention of buying records and i can't find anything i like ill buy something just so i don't go home empty handed (and i have the ****e records to prove it)
    Although the odd time i do go in and rape a shop for 2 hours straight, going through the whole collection.

i use

www.soulseduction.com
    Tis an austrian webseite, 12" are usually 8 bucks, and shipping is quite cheap

www.juno.co.uk
    I always find records in stock here, that i can't find elsewhere

• Advertisement

Aye, Juno are good - got weekly mailing lists by genre too.

Also htfr.co.uk for harder to find: Never use 'em but the name is well known.

eBay!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

The place in Urban Outfitters is called Carbon Records, it is very good if you are into all types of house.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 46 DannyAu-Yeung

Bri wrote:
    Aye, Juno are good - got weekly mailing lists by genre too.

Also htfr.co.uk for harder to find: Never use 'em but the name is well known.

eBay!

Don't use htfr.co.uk!!! There crap!!!
    Always take ages sending stuff, eithier that or they send you the wrong tune!!!

Right so I did say I never used them! Havn't bothered looking through their catologue in a long time but last time they did have hard to find stuff (shock!)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 463 ✭✭JoeSchmoe

Freebird records, under the busstop newsagent on eden quay, right at o connell bridge - sells a lot of hiphop also house, techno, electro and other "beaty" stuff

Crow St in temple bar is Great too

Purple moon - house trance techno breaks,

upstairs from that is

All City - Hiphop and funk

up the street a bit more

Selectah - Drum and Bass, Reggae, Techno, Electro

and Downstairs from them

Big Brother - Electro, funk, soul, Beaty experimental stuff

Carbon Records - in Urban Outfitters at temple bar square, loads of house, electro, breaks, disco and soul

City Discs - in temple bar too, close to the entrance of the Temple Bar Music centre - loads of stuff, Lots of experimental stuff - I haven;t been in there two much

er I think I'm forgeting some but thats all I can think of at the moment

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,373 ✭✭✭Executive Steve

spindizzy in georges street arcade, techno electro warpy rephlexy stuff and a big second hand section covering all genres... nice line in bongs and reggae albums too...

Advertisement