Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

kick ass game music. whats yer poison?

Options
  • 31-05-2001 9:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭

a couple of games spring to mind. quake being a classic, and quake 2 was pretty good too. in fact anything that is rockin gets a thumbs up from me.
    but my favourite game music, one which i spent approx. 3 weeks in finding on the net has to be megablast by bomb the bass for xenon2. still love that song.
    what others are there?

One Of your Imps Does A Good Impersonation Of You
    He Can Even Do The Ears.....

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

That's a recent one, WWMan tongue.gif

Quake 2 does the job for me... James Pond: Robocod on the Amiga was also horribly addictive wink.gif

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 31-05-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 345 ✭✭harVee

Hey WWMan,
    if you spent less time winding ppl like AngelWhore up, and more time paying attention to the threads here, we wouldn't have this wasted replication of thoughts wink.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 20,099 ✭✭✭✭WhiteWashMan

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by harVee:
    Hey WWMan,
    if you spent less time winding ppl like AngelWhore up, and more time paying attention to the threads here, we wouldn't have this wasted replication of thoughts wink.gif
    </font>

didnt realise there was any replication. just saw someone posting about trying to get music to cannon fodder.
    humblest of apologies.
    winding people up is fun.
    anglewhore is a muppet.
    and now that i remember, the music in grand tourism was quiet good as well wink.gif

well, what do you know, it was a recent one.
    ok, close it so wink.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

The music in Gran Turismo is pretty good, as in GT2 - the guy who sources all the music for those games (and the FIFA series, among other things) is a good mate of mine in fact, and you should hear him whinge about the fact that Lenny Kravitz (iirc) has been signed by the parent company to do a track in GT3. Which apparently sounds shít. smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

If you're a fan of The Offspring, check out Crazy Taxi on the DC (and PS2 afaik). Loads of tunes of "Smash" which is cool for driving around crashing into cars and stuff.

Also, Tony Hawk 2 has plenty of good tunes - Rage Against The Machine are in there along with some other similar stuff.

Still, Hell March is my fave!!!

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    We were all set for a game of Ice Hockey when Frank Williams says "Sorry lads, I've forgotten my skates!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Registered Users Posts: 10,581 ✭✭✭✭Dont be at yourself

yeah if you're into ska or nu-metal, Tony Hawks 1 & 2 are brilliant music-wise

Lets not neglect X-Wing vs Tie-Fighter either - John Williams is the daddy

Gran Turismo soundtrack rocked, wasn't too fond of GT2's though :\

Fear can sometimes be a useful emotion. For instance, let's say you're an astronaught on the moon and you fear that your partner has been turned into Dracula. The next time he goes out for the moon pieces, wham! You just slam the door behind him and blast off. He might call you on the radio and say he's not Dracula, but you just say, "Think again, bat man."
    hello.

tony hawks has to have possessed to skate by suicidal tendencies.
    its just gotta.
    tell me its true....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Mhm yeah, Crazy Taxi soundtrack works SO well in the context of the game. The other band on it is Bad Religion, btw - a few tracks from their album "The Grey Race".

FYI: this is the track listing for the US Gran Turismo 3 release...

8 Stops 7 - Satisfied
    Apollo Four Forty - Stop the rock
    BG - Mad Skillz
    CiRRUS - Break in
    The Cult - She sells sanctuary
    Dave Aude - Go Gran Turismo
    Elite Force - Call it brisco
    Goldfinger - 99 red balloons
    Grand Theft Auto - As good as it gets
    Grinspoon - Champion
    Jimi Hendrix - Stone free
    Judas Priest - Turbo lover
    Junkie XL - Def beat
    Lenny Kravitz - Are you gonna go my way
    Methods of Mayhem - Crash
    Motley Crue - Kickstart my heart
    Papa Roach - Never enough
    Powerman 5000 - Supernova goes pop
    Raekwon - Determination
    Snoop Dogg - Dogg's Turismo III

To quote a mate of mine, "Judas Priest? Motley Crue? The Cult? WHAT THE FÚCK!!!"... Thankfully the Kravitz track (bleh) is the only one surviving into the UK release afaik smile.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

Some good tunes named already.
    I also liked the Duke Nukem 3D theme by Megadeth.
    Red Alerts hell march was cool too smile.gif

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

Pacman

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,333 ✭✭✭Celt

Hell March owns, must re download that...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Quake2's was excellent , but I never liked the game , so at the time I was force fed rehashed stuttering Starwars music from Jedi Knight biggrin.gif , As for Crazy Taxi , just buy smash , as CT gets verrryy crap verrrrrry fast imo , but hey buy smash anyways , and Ixnae on the Hombre smile.gif . Oh yeah Hell March was cool but any C&C vets will tell you the C&C:Tiberian Dawn *or 95 for late starters* was a way better soundtrack . But IMO the best ever was Warcraft 2 , that score was just plain ...good smile.gif

Shrewgar!

shinji, the cults she sells sanctuary is a classic

Advertisement