Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Game Music...

Options

Comments

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

Cheers CreeD, and all the rest of you, for the help - Sonic Mayhem didn't do the music for Quake II I dont think - Im sure it was White Zombie... The Warehouse Tune from Quake II is amazing - Download Quake II - Track 9.mp3...

Amazing...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

im 100% asolutely sure that sonic mayhem did the q2 soundtrack (on the ps anyway) and they did q3 aswell, but that was utter sh|te (music not game wink.gif)

the rare bits of half life music were'nt bad actually, cept for the bit near the start, it was soo out of place it was funny...

• Category Moderators, Arts Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Entertainment Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 4,599 CMod ✭✭✭✭RopeDrink

If you still have the Half-Life CD you can listen to the tracks...

Some of the Half-Life music was good alright, but there was so little music that you would barely notice it half the time frown.gif

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I thought the very first song in the Half-Life game was perfect for that big long train journey. Gave me a real feeling of being in a HUGE place (Black Mesa) and letting you know "there might just be something strange going on here..."

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So I turned around to Jack Charlton and said: "Well of course it's not a football Jack, it's an '86 Chardonay!!!"
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,425 ✭✭✭Fidelis

Wipeout
    Interstate '76

Nil Desperandum

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

RopeDrink, did you get most of your stuff from Napster ?.

I would definatley recommend the Guilty Gear/Guilty Gear X soundtrack, its excellent, especially "Be just or be dead".

But oh, no tears please, fear and pain may acompany death, but it is desire that sheperds its certainty, as we shall see...

You got it right there - Would spend yonks waiting for 5-10 minute long Game music to load from napster, only for 25% of the muppets cancelling the download half-way through...

Oh well, thanks for the suggestions!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Me thinks back to the days when I used to play MYTH on the C64, can still remember the tune, naaa... na naa na naaa, nana naa naa na na na na na naa na naa...

sweet dreams are made of these.

OH MY GOD!
    MYTH!

I absolutely LOVED That game... Well, the Amiga Version... Never played the C64 one...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Well off the top of my head

Of the older games Warcraft 2 and C&C95 are the best, Of course who could forget "hellmarch" from RA , also if i remember Dark reign 1 had some brilliant scores , err....Mechwarrior 2 . More recent times of course they have an excuse for bad music in games , its "Atmospheric" ...more like a big pile of pants . but of course a few gems shine through ,the music for Metal Gear solid was amazing , and absolutely Perfect for the game . Dark Reign 2 *much ignored good game * had a few good uns as did Deus Ex *the first one especially* Unreal was Ok but UT had this one track that went perfectly with a blazing chaingun biggrin.gif , and of course There was that one track from Mechwarrior 3 , and Hidden and Dangerous and those little loading screen scores from Rogue spear , hell i could go on but I ....wont ..

Shrewgar!

• Advertisement

...no, please do...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Klay

What Game are you on about there Rope? I have an old game for the amiga called Myth, but its a horrible text adventure which had no music whatsoever...was there another Myth?

There was indeed...

Platformer involving a half-naked, blue haired hero who would travel through different points in time battling out in scenario's that involved "MYTH"'s, for example it started off in Hell itself, and you riot through levels, one involving all of Greece's mythological (Is that a word?) beasts, along with various other locations...

Was brilliant!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Slydice:
    Didnt "White Zombie" do most of Quake 2's soundtrack</font>

No, but ROB Zombie did some of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,397 ✭✭✭✭azezil

Wipeout 1, 2 and to a lesser extent 3 have the greatest sound tracks i'v ever heard on a game! smile.gif

"just because ur not paraniod, doesn't mean they're not after u!"

Lemmings 2 on the amiga!

I just lubbed the music to the outdoor levels biggrin.gif

"(Shaft error to Klay[b-airlock140.esatclear.ie]: Erection reset by queer)"

• Registered Users Posts: 6,461 ✭✭✭--Kaiser--

Lemmings of course! Brilliant music that you kept humming 3 hours after you finished playing the game!

Rofl - Lemmings - One of the Amiga's finest fames...

There were so many versions, it was unreal - And the Christmas One really took the biscuit with it's funny levels and cheap Xmas music - Class...

I tell you, Alien Breed 2's Intro screen music really kicked quite a bunch of buttock...

I NEED a way to get that tune, and the Cannon fodder ones, yet I dont seem to have time to scout the Internet for them frown.gif

If anyone happens to have the tunes, please please (and please again) let me know...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,199 ✭✭✭Keeks

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by --Kaiser--:
    Speaking of C64 music, does anyone remember that extremely cool loading screen music for Renegade and some other games?</font>

That would have been the Ocean Loader song written by a chap called Martin Galway who was one of the best C64 musicans ever.

I used to have loads of links of Amiga and C64 music somewhere, both in their original formats/modules and some in mp3, and loads of sites with software to convert between boat. Winamp is good with the plugins. There is also deliplayer (any1 who had an amiga will remeber that 1) for the PC now and it will play almost any piece of music ever writen. I haven't tried it out yet but the amiga version was the biz. U can check it out at http://www.deliplayer.com

[This message has been edited by Keeks (edited 22-05-2001).]

Lovely stuff - cheers for that...

Checking the Link out, now biggrin.gif

Out of curiosity - Anyone still have their amiga?

I still have my NES, C64, Spectrum 64k and 128k, Amiga 500, PSX and (obviously) my PC...

[VAR]-RopeDrink***** was killed by IOL NoLimits with Headshot from Disconnect

• Advertisement

I still have my A500...it's in a box in my room. Still working..'cept for the hardrive (40mb!) smile.gifsmile.gifsmile.gif ...oh how we evolved..

I have a crate load of disks too, most games owned on any system I ever had..If I had the proper hardware, I'd rip the music onto PC too.

"(Shaft error to Klay[b-airlock140.esatclear.ie]: Erection reset by queer)"

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

Ahhhh the Amiga 500 smile.gif

When it comes to game music, none was quite so mind-numbingly twee, nauseating, yet still addictive as JAMES POND: ROBOCOD.

"DoooDooo Dee DoooDoo Dee DoooDooo Dee DoooDoo Dee DoooDoooo Deee DoooDooo [ad nauseum]..."

Bard
    First motorbike in the bible ???? - a Triumph! - 'And yea verily did Moses strike down the ammmanites, - and all the land did hear the roar of his triumph !!!'

I'll tell you something - Superfrog, the Egyption stage had an amazing tune...

It always managed to make some mad tunes...

Im STILL trying to nab the Superfrog tune, Alien Breed II Intro tune, Pinball Fandasies and Pinball Dreams music and a range of others, but I cant seem to find any good emulation proggies that work...

I tried the one provided above, but the Computer links (Amiga, C64, Spectrum etc) didn't work, only the console ones (NES, SNES, Saturn etc) so that was a big bummer...

If you have any links to good music offering emulators etc - PLEASE drop them here biggrin.gif

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Just clearing up the Quake soundtracks thing: a group called Methods of Destruction did all of the Quake 2 soundtrack except for Track 11 (iirc) which was done by Rob Zombie. The same group, renamed as Sonic Mayhem, did the bizarre backing "mood" noise for Quake III Arena.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

i have the cannon fodder theme tune at home on mp3, and i also have a track called "bobm the base" by "megablast" but you folks will remember it as the uber leet Xenon 2 music :P

as for the best: rick dangerous egypt tune.

- Dead Bank Clerk -
    You must defeat my dragon
    punch to stand a chance.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,281 ✭✭✭DeadBankClerk

wipEout 64 -> "bang on!" by propellarheads

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by DeadBankClerk:
    i have the cannon fodder theme tune at home on mp3</font>

Give me that MP3, or you shall be assimiliated...

...please? biggrin.gifwink.gif

Also, "Bang On" was on the "Lost In Space" movie soundtrack... Got sick of it after a few listens...

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

I'm sorry i didnt see this thread till now, game music 0wns, this site owns
    http://gamemusic.siliconcircus.co.uk/

• Registered Users Posts: 1,422 ✭✭✭Fenix

The chaos engine was another guddun

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,275 ✭✭✭Shinji

Doh! I should have mentioned the Silicon Circus site earlier come to think of it, given that it's run by a clanmate of mine... He'd kill me for forgetting about it smile.gif

Advertisement