Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ammo

Options
  • 06-12-2004 2:29pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,057 ✭✭✭

Anyone know what the current state of play is with the DoJ on centrefire pistol ammunition?

I'm aware that they are granting import licences for rifle ammuniton in the "new" calibres, but that it's taking time - apparently the current lead time on an application is 10 weeks. This has led to shortages of some calibres, like 223, a good few of which have been sold, but ammo is not to be had at the moment.

Are the DoJ refusing to grant licences for 9mm and such - despite the fact that firearms certs for same have been granted, or is it the case that the applications are still being processed?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 150 ✭✭oldzed

Hi Civ ,
    The import licenses for the pistol ammo are slow to come but they are coming , I can let you know of at least 1 dealer who has 9mm ,.32..40..45 and some of the returned rifle catridges such as .303 and 30-06 on the shelf as well as .223 ,.308 etc . I bought 500rds for my 9mm there a few days ago and the stuff is on the shelf .

Let me know if you need more info
    zed

• Closed Accounts Posts: 801 ✭✭✭jaycee

Hi oldzed,

Sent you a PM.!

Advertisement