Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

third party f and t

Options
  • 06-12-2004 2:38pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 7,134 ✭✭✭

hi folks

does tpft cover goods stolen/valuables? im waiting a claim from my car incident

btw if anyone comes across infineon laptop memory, text books and a sony mp3 headunit in the cork area, let me know!

<><

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,089 ✭✭✭D!ve^Bomb!

i'm not too sure tbh.. i think it does.. maybe not tho

*edit* In fact what the fúck is wrong with people these days... seariously!! if i get out of my car the last thing i do is leave shít lying around to be stolen.. I often walk past cars and see stuff like coats, phones etc.. infact at work i saw a lovely beemer convertible and a ****ing IPOD charging on the dash!! :eek: why do people leave this stuff in their cars.. take it with you ffs..

Rant over :D

• Registered Users Posts: 4,107 ✭✭✭John R

...Or at least put it in the boot where the scummers won't see it. Same goes for the stereo faceplate, if you really don't want to carry it around just throw it in the boot or even the glovebox, if it isn't visible the thief will most likely just move on to one that is rather than break in hoping the valuables are hidden somewhere.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I was on 3rd Party Fire and Theft last year and my stereo and loads of cds got knicked.

The stereo was covered but the cds were not covered so I doubt your laptop will be covered. I was with Quinn Direct last year - other insurance companies could have a different policy on it.

• Registered Users Posts: 68,317 ✭✭✭✭seamus

3rd Party fire and theft only covers damage/theft to the vehicle, or part thereof, not contents. As trotter_inc found out, his radio is covered, because it's part of the car, but any contents arent covered because they're not part of the car.

Fully comp might also have a maximum value of insured items. I'm not even sure if the full cost of a laptop would be covered under fully comp. Might it be insured under your house contents insurance?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,876 ✭✭✭Borzoi

seamus wrote:
    Fully comp might also have a maximum value of insured items. I'm not even sure if the full cost of a laptop would be covered under fully comp. Might it be insured under your house contents insurance?

Not sure on the max value, but the time my car was broken into the excess on the theft claim was £500. Still they paid CD's, jacket etc, all of which was in the boot. Still, these days nothing in the car, and the only CDs are copies

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 65,397 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

seamus wrote:
    3rd Party fire and theft only covers damage/theft to the vehicle, or part thereof, not contents. As trotter_inc found out, his radio is covered, because it's part of the car, but any contents arent covered because they're not part of the car

The same applies to fully comprehensive as well! The laptop would not be covered. There is a chance though that you can claim on the contents insurance of your house. Check the small print...

Advertisement