Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Online Fraud and Purchase Query?

Options
  • 06-12-2004 4:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 344 ✭✭

Hi all,

I'm about to make a fairly large purchase online and have been visiting several online jewelry sites. I've been paying close attention to US sites as the weak dollar, high amount of choice and general good value that US jewelers seem to offer is second to none.

The first problem I encountered was the largest and best known online jeweler (www.bluenile.com) only sells to US and Canadian customers.

The Second problem I found was many only allow Credit Card purchases from US/Candian customers even if they sell to the globe.

The idea of Ireland being the Best place to live according to the Economist or the most Globalised economy according to the WTO is farcial if you can't even make an online purchase using an internationally recognised(?!?) visa card.

Reluctant to use a 'Wire Transfer' method of payment for mondera.com I contacted them.

They said that it is possible for me to use my credit card on these conditions:
    1) Credit card number
    2) Name as it appears on the card
    3) Expiration date
    4) Verification number
    5) Address registered with your bank
    6) Phone number registered with your bank
    7) Issuing bank name and the phone numbers
    Please call us at +448008456696 or 1 225 709 4077 and we will help you with your purchase at Mondera

And not via the internet but over the phone on an international call. I am somewhat cautious but on close examination I do believe them to be highly trust worthy.

What safe guards should I demand to make sure my credit card details are as secure as possible?
    Does it look suspect?

Any comments would be greatly appreciated.

Advertisement