Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Parking Fines - do you pay yours?

Options
2»

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

So what would you do? have people drive around in unchecked bangers?

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

I wasn't suggesting that - I was merely saying that the current (corrupt!) NCT system doesn't work.
    There are still too many unsafe vehicles on the roads*. The car test did remove a significant amount of old bangers but so too did the scrappage scheme, etc. However as I pointed out there are still too many cars out there which are not roadworthy but most of these presumably have an NCT cert!

* I also include trucks, bikes, tractors, etc. in this statement but these are beyone the remit of the NCT.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,536 ✭✭✭Pataman

I am not argueing that the nct is or isnt doing what it is supposed to do, I am only pointing out that whether we like it or not, we (as law obiding citizens)are obliged to have it done. It's not a case that we can cherrypick which ever laws we want to obey.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,180 ✭✭✭Interceptor

Pataman wrote:
    I am not argueing that the nct is or isnt doing what it is supposed to do, I am only pointing out that whether we like it or not, we (as law obiding citizens)are obliged to have it done. It's not a case that we can cherrypick which ever laws we want to obey.
    I can do what I want so long as I'm not caught and since no-one is chasing me, the NCT can get snotted. There are several threads with my opinions very clearly laid out - the NCT was rushed in, poorly thought out and is inconsistent in its execution. As someone who is passionate about cars and meticulous about maintenance and safety, I will decide when my car is unsafe - not some untrained muppet who just landed from a country where they mostly drive tractors.

No - I haven't been stopped at many checkpoints Trotter_inc, they are scarce down here in the West.

'c

• Moderators, Politics Moderators Posts: 39,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭Seth Brundle

not some untrained muppet who just landed from a country where they mostly drive tractors.
    LOL :D

• Advertisement
Advertisement