Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

I went to Heaven last weekend...

• 06-12-2004 4:46pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭

Cadbury World, to be precise! It's outside Birmingham in a town called Bournville. It was possibly the best tourist attraction I've ever been to. After going through the exhibits and a small part of the factory you get to go to the "tasting area" where you're given a small cup of melted chocolate and a spoon to eat it with, solid white chocolates and a square of fudge with melted chocolate poured over it. This is all on top of the four bars of chocolate you get given on the way round. To cap it all off you end up in the shop at the end where I was left dumbstruck by a 5 kilo bar of chocolate; each square was as big as my fist!

Totally worth the admission for any dedicated chocolate lover - the yummiest tourist destination EVER!!! :D

(I did feel rather sick for a few hours afterwards though!)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,882 ✭✭✭fozzle

Oooh, one of my younger sisters went there years ago, she said it's great allright.

Mmmmmmm *dreams of swimming in melted chocolate*

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,964 ✭✭✭memphis

Outside birmingham eh? Damn I gotta see that sometime.

I can just picture it...... Willa Wonka and he's helpers!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭shivface

omg its in a town called bournville and they make a bar called bournville! wow

oh wait actually its probably not coincidence

• Closed Accounts Posts: 394 ✭✭JCDenton

Oh yeah! I was there a few years ago and in the section where the inca wax models stand they used to give out these small cups of spicy drinking chocolate (The original use for it).

Do they still do that?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

Wow!! Id nearly fly over just for this!! Would love to see it - you take any pics that you could post up for us to drool over?

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭rainglow

No, no pics apart from one of my friend thoroughly enjoying her little cup of melted chocolate! I tried to take pictures in the weird little ride through a tunnel populated by lots of little cocoa-bean people, the Caramel Bunny and Mr. Cadbury's Parrot but they didn't turn out :(

You really wouldn't want to take any psychadelic drugs before going on that little ride, it was weird enough just with the chocolate high!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,093 ✭✭✭woosaysdan

uummm i must pay a visit there!!!

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,457 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I gotta go there.

Advertisement