Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The highly esteemed all-leather Goon Show

Options
  • 08-06-2001 10:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

Another quick poll, but this one of a different variety... as a few of you have shown yourselves as being Goon Show fans, I was just wondering what your favourite show, sketch and character from the shows are.

Answers on a statue of Denis Bloodnok... (or a reply to this post...)

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,831 ✭✭✭Lucutus

That a radio or TV show?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

It's a radio show - hence it being posted here.

--
    More info @:
    http://www.goonshow.com/
    http://www.comedyzone.beeb.com/comedy/bestof/features/goonshow/
    http://www.thegoonshow.co.uk/

Bard

[This message has been edited by Bard (edited 08-06-2001).]

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,136 ✭✭✭Bob the Unlucky Octopus

My best episode would either be Napoleon's piano "Here, have a gorilla- No thanks, they hurt my throat- Ohhhh...naughty gorillas..."

Or The Dreaded Batter Pudding Hurler of Bexhill-on-Sea ("Well, I couldn't stand around here all day...*I* had to find the Dreaded Batter Pudding Hurler!")

Oh, and Lurgi strikes Britain- simply because the took the p1ss out of the House of Commons well before the first live radio broadcast(and tbh the real one didn't sound too different)

Those are my two euros worth- keep 'em coming smile.gif

Bob the Unlucky Octopus
    =Errarre Humanum Est=

For me the best episodes would be ...

I was Monty's Treble

announcements: "1939!!!"... "1940!!!"... "1941!!!"...
    Eccles: "FORTY NINE B.C.!!!"... *gunshot*... "aaaowwwww!"

The Call of the West

Thynne: "Barman! A drink for my lady!" ...
    Moriarty: "Nyesss! I'll have a glass of fish'n'chips! ... and see you put a good head on it"
    Ellington: "Man we don't keep no drink called fish'n'chips!"
    Thynne: "Come Moriarty! We'll take our business and malnutrition elsewhere!"

- oh and that one where they take the p|ss out of the Archers at the start ... hilarious... anyone remember which one that is?

Bard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,219 ✭✭✭plastic membrane

All my silly humour is derived from the genius that was Spike Milligan and The Goons.

where do i start.

The above mentioned Batter Pudding Hurler (Blodnock: "Very well then, i shall stop playing my violin.")is an alltime classic.

How about The International Christmas Pudding:

Hercules: "Have a picture of Queen Victoria"
    Seagoon: "No thanks, im trying to give them up. "

Or The Red Baron:

The Red Baron:" So Scum..."
    Blodnock: "Thats Mr Scum to you.."
    (My all time favorite pithy comeback to an insult)

Blodnock: "Lets face it, the natives are Revolting.."
    Seagoon: "I don't know, there rather nice chaps"

I could go on for a very long tine. But now i have to go and listen to all my gramaphone recordings of lovely money...

Damn it Jim, im a doctor, not a Beefy King !

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

I was always a fan of the one when is it Bloodnok and Seagoon clime the highest mountain in the world - underwater!

The Last Tram from Clapham is pretty cool as well. They sure don't make 'em like they used to.

Anyone seen the Michael Parkinson interview with Harry Seacombe and Peter Sellers - 's great!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

... OH! and the classic scene when eccles and bluebottle are telling the time with a piece of paper what says "eight o'clo-o-ok".

No- would like to see that Parkie interview alright...

I think I'd have to give the award for "best sketch" to the "What Time is it Eccles" sketch from "The Mysterious Punch up the Conker" - it's an all time classic! ... anyone agree/disagree?

Bard

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jock O'Knees

AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
    This is the most asked question on alt.fan.goons! You can be hit around the head with a sock full of cold custard just for asking it! biggrin.gif
    As to a favorite show, I have none, depends on my mood, on one day it'll be "Scarlet Capsule" on another day it's "Shifting Sands" on another, another day it's "Napoleon's Piano" on another, another, another day it's "Tale of Men's Shirts" etc, etc.

Aw ra best fra Bonnie Scotland

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Bruce (Dr. Madcap) Laing

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Jock O'Knees:
    AAARRRGGGHHHH!!!!!
    This is the most asked question on alt.fan.goons! You can be hit around the head with a sock full of cold custard just for asking it! biggrin.gif
    As to a favorite show, I have none, depends on my mood, on one day it'll be "Scarlet Capsule" on another day it's "Shifting Sands" on another, another day it's "Napoleon's Piano" on another, another, another day it's "Tale of Men's Shirts" etc, etc.

Aw ra best fra Bonnie Scotland
    </font>

Jock's not the only one complaining about that question.

I have a few favourites, and they include "The Nasty Affair at the Burami Oasis", "Lurgi Strikes Britain" and of course many others

• Advertisement
Advertisement