Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Anelka valued at £10m for January sales

• 06-12-2004 5:00pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,580 ✭✭✭

according to teamtalk. SO who'll have him. He'd prob be worth it for the 2 years you'd get out of him before he moved on again...

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,472 ✭✭✭Sposs

Looks like Barcalona are after him to replace Larson.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 10,148 ✭✭✭✭Raskolnikov

For a player that never really 'settled' at any team he played in, City will struggle to recoup the £13 million that they paid for him.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

The 'pool should take him back.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,966 ✭✭✭Jivin Turkey

BolBill wrote:
    The 'pool should take him back.
    No they shouldnt, he is a lazy waste of space, and Liverpool already have 2 strikers of similar style to him, but at least their current ones will put it in for the team. Liverpool need more of a target upfront. Anelka would not give them that.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 27,349 ✭✭✭✭super_furry

I wouldn't pay more than £5million tops for him, and even then you're taking a risk.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Education Moderators Posts: 9,645 Mod ✭✭✭✭mayordenis

yeah liverpool dont need him they need fowler

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

mayordenis wrote:
    We'll take them both - we're desperately short. Not paying 10mil though, maybe 6 or 7 for the two of them ;)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 26,458 ✭✭✭✭gandalf

Ah Ratboys on the move again eh. I think pool would be better trying to sign Fowler myself rather than that traitor Anelka !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Tbh when Anelka was at Liverpool I thought he gave us more for that time period than Owen did. I for one think we should've held onto him. The guy is quality. Who did we buy after we let him go? ...Oh yeah it was Diouf :rolleyes:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,165 ✭✭✭DEmeant0r

TBH, he was never worth near the £13 paid for him, he's too inconsistent.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 3,163 ✭✭✭Slash/ED

IF you can get the best out of him consistently he's worth 10m, but nobody bar Wenger has managed that so far.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭Drag00n79

Anelka's record at City is similar to his at Arsenal. A goal every other game or so.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Despite others opinions i think he will be a good buy at 10m providing he doesnt b*tch or moan all the time!
    At the end of the day he still is a very good player, just still might be an a**hole to work with!hehe :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,197 ✭✭✭Spalk0

Demeant0r wrote:
    TBH, he was never worth near the £13 paid for him, he's too inconsistent.

too true....I mean, after all, he does have the absolutely world class midfield of Man City supplying him!hehe

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,709 ✭✭✭BolBill

mayordenis wrote:

We don't need Fowler, we need someone who will score a goal !!!! I think your heart is ruling your head. I'd like to see Fowler back, banging in the goals but I think hes past it (despite his goal last night) and has lost interest in the game. Having Macca at city is a disasterous move by Keegan, Macca has made a mint outta Real Madrid and is content to buy houses and race horses, Fowler has just gone along with him. Such a waste of talent, GOD given some would say.

I was at the end of season Ipswhich match a few seasons back when Anelka was with us on loan, he was hugely popular amongest the fans and Ithought we'd have bought him but then Houiller (the eejit) bought Diouf instead, yeah yeah, African player of the year and all that.....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,267 ✭✭✭p.pete

I've seen another report putting Anelka available at £8m. If Liverpool were to actually have 8m available then I'm not sure it'd go on Anelka, the big question will be how much we will actually have...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,981 ✭✭✭Big Ears

Anelka=moaner
    Anelka=groaner
    Anelka=guarenteed goals in the Premiership

£10,000,000 seems around right to me .

• Closed Accounts Posts: 19,341 ✭✭✭✭Chucky the tree

is his contract not up in the summer?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 8,806 ✭✭✭Lafortezza

I'd like to see Villa have a pop for him, but I'm sure Ellis would only allow about 4 million max.

Advertisement