Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Best live album?

Options

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 622 ✭✭✭darthmise

Though it is more an E.P. than an album Jeff's Live at Sin E would be my fave.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4 Spidey

Stop Making Sense - Talking Heads
    Rank - The Smiths
    ...and there's a Dexys Midnight Runners one around which is pretty good too (can't remember the name of it but was recorded by the BBC in early 1982).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Jay Mosh

Depeche Mode: '101' Very Powerful.
    Jethro Tull: 'Bursting Out'
    INXS: 'Live Baby Live'
    Portishead: 'Live NYC'

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Nirvana unplugged is the best cd I have.. Best purchase I ever made.
    I got s&m recently and I think its a great cd.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,783 ✭✭✭Puck

Rory Gallagher's Irish Tour.
    'nuff sed.

John (yes THE John!)
    john.filetap.com

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 670 ✭✭✭Sliotar

wan the mark, tom and travis show! WAN! (blink182 live album)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 35 Hendrix_Nighn

When I was live in Monteray

• Closed Accounts Posts: 64 ✭✭Klay

Family Values!! FAMILY VALUES!!!! biggrin.gifbiggrin.gifbiggrin.gif

"(Shaft error to Klay[b-airlock140.esatclear.ie]: Erection reset by queer)"

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,313 ✭✭✭Paladin

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Kali:
    Pink Floyd - Is There Anybody Out There (The Wall Live)</font>
    Definately. Kewl.

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 23,556 ✭✭✭✭Sir Digby Chicken Caesar

Blind Guardian - Tokyo Tales damned fine album, luvvit luvvit luvvit!

live ****, binge and purge is good, the videos are bloody class! *only seen a few songs from them*, but frtom metallica.. it has to be S&M that surpasses the rest...
    the orchestra works so damn well with most of the songs.. specially call of ktulu

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 6,601 ✭✭✭Kali

damn straight... Comfortably Numb on that is just absolutely mind blowing, nearly on a par with Echoes live at pompeii.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,415 ✭✭✭Singer

Spiritualized in the Albert Hall is excellent. I've always had a soft spot for REM Tourfilm and the proper Nirvana live video, Live, Tonite and Sold Out, I've got both of those recorded onto tape.

Oh, Paris by The Cure is fantastic, and I'm not a huge Cure fan typically.

• Registered Users Posts: 568 ✭✭✭stu_69

one of the best live albums i have heard lately is Ben Harper : Live From Mars. I don't know if it's available in Ireland but it has been one of the biggest sellers in australia this year.

Also :Rank - The Smiths

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

The Helicopter Quartet - Karlheiz Stockhausen

4 helicopters playing modern classical music!

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭Scon

Originally posted by Excelsior
    Dave Matthews and Tim Reynolds Live At Luther College for me. No question.

My Adolescent website:
    http://www.iol.net/~mullent

Great choice :D I have a few of the full band albums and a few bootlegs but L@LC wins it hands down for me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,978 ✭✭✭✭mike65

Deep Purple - Made In Japan. Absolutely rocks! :D

As Ian Gillan put it "...can we have everything louder than everything else?"

Mike.

wow this thread has somehow resurrected from an 8-month sleep.. someone has too much time on their hands :)

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

*grumble* *fart*

Regardless of this thread being re-awoken, the answer is STILL Metallica's S&M.

Now go back to sleep!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 31 irelandforever

I might be wrong - radiohead
    like spinning plates, idioteque and true love waits are absolutly class on this album

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,695 ✭✭✭b20uvkft6m5xwg

IMO...

Faith No More: Live at the Brixton Academy
    One of my all-time fav's

Also Pearl Jam live at the Point- is overall a great set, but maybe I just liked it cos I was at the gig.

BTW Niall,
    Live Sh*t B & P, has a real shítty box with stickers for the suppossed Touring cabinets. The live set from Mexico City aint that great either- Although there is a great version of "Seek and Destroy". In retrospect I wouldn't have forked out the £93 it was in 1993:eek:
    (The Scary Guy Stencil was cool though:p )

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 11,980 ✭✭✭✭Giblet

Right SCON has ressurected 3 threads from last year. It gets confusing!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 126 ✭✭Brautigan

Going back to PinkFloyd, 'Live At Pomeii' is fanf uckingtastic. It's a pity they never released it as an album. Echoes... woah! I liked Pulse for the special shiver down the spine bits - crowd singing before the DSOM bit, a couple of cracking solos etc.. but if you can get the tape version of it, all the better. After Confortably numb/Run Like Hell there's about 40 minutes of stoners bliss in the form of the full length 'Cluster One' from Division Bell. Lawnmowers, rivers, birds tweeting etc.. Syd'd be proud of it.

I liked the live sides of Ummagumma but am touch and go with Delicate Sound Of Thunder although the Momentary Lapse of Reason stuff is better than some of the older stuff which sounds a bit lumpen.

Wall Live - another cracker.

Eh... dunno what happened there.. havn't listened to any of them in ages.

• Registered Users Posts: 464 ✭✭pugwall

Throwing Copper:D

LIVE004.jpg

Originally posted by Brautigan
    Going back to PinkFloyd, 'Live At Pomeii' is fanf uckingtastic. It's a pity they never released it as an album. Echoes... woah!

aye.. havent watched it in ages tho, thanks to the new era of dvd invading my room.. no vhs anymore, boooooooo! .. hopefully a new release will be on the cards *droool*

I liked Pulse for the special shiver down the spine bits - crowd singing before the DSOM bit, a couple of cracking solos etc.. but if you can get the tape version of it, all the better. After Confortably numb/Run Like Hell there's about 40 minutes of stoners bliss in the form of the full length 'Cluster One' from Division Bell. Lawnmowers, rivers, birds tweeting etc.. Syd'd be proud of it.

havent heard that.. but believe me its now on my must get list... used to have an old bbc session bootleg of DSOTM on mp3, was damn good quality, then the hard drive partition died on me *sniff*..

I liked the live sides of Ummagumma but am touch and go with Delicate Sound Of Thunder although the Momentary Lapse of Reason stuff is better than some of the older stuff which sounds a bit lumpen.

Wall Live - another cracker.

ummagummas live side is pretty good alright, set the controls for the heart of the sun is pretty much a dead ringer for the version at pompeii, other tracks i wouldnt listen to much tbh, i prefer the other cd, granchester meadows and the narrow way..

as far as the wall live goes, i havent listened to the wall (studio album) since i bought it.. a good year and a half or so ago now.. its just so damn good, so much feeling in the instrumentals, the extra tracks, only thing i cant stand is the barbershop quartet at the very end singing outside the wall.. very painful listening :) apart from that id say its my most played minidisc (yay LP2.. whole 2 cds on one minidisc).

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,478 ✭✭✭GoneShootin

AC/DC : Live at Donnington

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous.......

• Registered Users Posts: 2,681 ✭✭✭Johnny_the_fox

Thin Lizzy - Live and Dangerous.......

• Site Banned Posts: 334 ✭✭scuzzy

Thin Lizzy - Live And Dangerous

• Registered Users Posts: 701 ✭✭✭fuse

My Favourites:

Santana - Lotus

Jimi Hendrix - Live at Woodstock