Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eircom double billing

Options
  • 06-12-2004 5:34pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭

I was horrified to get a €190 phone bill, which showed my last bill as being carried forward. No apology, no information.

Turned out that this happened to direct debit customers, because Eircom's billing system 'had a glitch'.

Eircom is apparently offering customers the option of paying the brought-forward part with the next bill instead of this one.

"I don't want that," I told "customer relations"; "I want to pay it over the next *four* bills."

"Oh, that's what everyone wants, but I'm afraid our billing system can't do that," the colleague said smoothly.

Who's the head of ComReg? Who's the Minister for Tele-Non-Communications? I want to send a stiff note.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 7,221 ✭✭✭BrianD

Apparently it has happened to most people living in the 01 area including myself. The bill was sent out late so the direct debit mechanism couldn't take the money. This means that most DD customers will be paying a double bill at the end of Jan.

I wouldn't class it as a rip-off but it is very poor customer service. They could have put in an info note explaining the situation and what steps you can take to spread your payment so you don't end up with a double hit in January (a tough month for most people). Argueably, they have already given you a months interest free credit even though you didn't realise it! I suppose its up to the consumer to check their bills and tick it off their bank statement.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 5,366 ✭✭✭luckat

I think it's the last straw for me with Eircom, though. I'm going to be looking for a different provider now. I've used Vartec and Spirit for international calls (for which I now use Telestunt), but I'm going to find a company that I can get all my calls from.

It was the sheer arrogance of "Oh yes, all our customers have asked to pay off the extra month our inefficiency landed on them at the most expensive time of year over four bills, but no, 'our system can't handle that', so you'll have to pay it this month or next month" (and, by implication, tough titty to you, buddy).

• Registered Users Posts: 2,156 ✭✭✭samo

I have been paying eircom 30 euro a week as cancelled direct debit due to billing issues and if they dont like it they can stuff it (or knock my landline off!) I'm so fed up with eircom and their billing - they billed me I realised for eircom talktime 300 for 2 months even though all my calls are now with UTV which I informed them of and also for a mobile package at €5 a month which I never asked for so they owe me about €60 now in incorrect charges.

Not happy with them one bit and this is the 3rd billing issue and again the smallest of apologies

Advertisement