Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tattooing/Piercing - addictive??

Options
  • 06-12-2004 5:41pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭

Think I'm going a bit nuts of late with them..... on Friday I'm getting my third tattoo in the space of 3 weeks... top that off with about 4 piercings as well - all of this within 6 weeks.... I'm now at the stage where I'm up to 7 tattoos & 4 piercings with more on the way.... doesn't help mates are tattoo artists & am friendly with my piercer...... anyone else find them addictive?

Yes I know I should be giving my body time to heal, but I seem to be healing very quickly of late with tattoos. My chest one from last Monday is nearly completely healed & the one on my back from 3 weeks ago is totally healed & healed within a few days??!!!???!! Well wierd considering I usually wouldn't say I'm a fast healer...

::: ven0mous :::

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,756 ✭✭✭I am MAN

Umm, absolutely retarded.

How can you say you are quick of late with healing tattoo's?? Although they look and feel healed your body is still repairing and how can you get 3 tattoo's in 3 weeks? You sound like a man that will have alot of regret unless you had all of this planned.

Even 4 piercings alone in 6 weeks is silly, your imune system will be ****ed and you will probably get a big life threatening flu for christmas

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

the mans got a point,you gotta leave time for your piercings/tatoos to heal or else you'll mess up your immune system
    altho i do agree with the whole addictiveness....

• Closed Accounts Posts: 6,911 ✭✭✭Zombienosh

yeah man i think you should chill out a bit.

but addictive yes they are.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,440 ✭✭✭✭Piste

Pain is fun.......

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,733 ✭✭✭Blub2k4

Personally I find the tattooing extremely addictive, the endorphins are quite nice to say the least.
    I am not so much into the initial pain of a piercing and tend to like them when they are healed and have increased my sensitivity in a positive, not negative, way.

Definitely addictive though.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 620 ✭✭✭Kêrmêttê

I got 2 piercings at the weekend. They were my first in roughly 10 years (I already had 9 from years ago).
    About 10 minutes after I had walked out the door of the piercing studio I wanted to go back for more. It most definitely is addictive! :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8 realt

hey tattoos are definatly addictive a close relation has half his body covered and i believe ill end up with a few more sure as i was getting mine i was planning my next!!!as for piercings havnt started on them yet so dont know how addictive they are!!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Yep. Really addictive. I'm getting a good few piercings done at the start of next summer. Accursed school means I have to give them the summer to fully heal before taking them out every day between nine and half three.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 566 ✭✭✭elephamt king

dave,
    if you grow your hair a teeny bit they cant see your ears or your planned tragus piercing.im gettin my scaffold done during the xmas hols (hopefully).
    and what they cant see they cant suspend me for. :D:D:D

Yeah. That'd be great if the school didn't have a policy of intolerance towards long hair. Might get away with it in fifth and sixth year though. Meh. Worth a shot.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

My school doesn't allow guys to have piercings, but it allows girls. I'm gonna gget on my student council and to try get the rule changed, on virtue of the fact thats its very sexist

Tis worth a shot, my school is good like that

• Hosted Moderators Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

Yeh but it will probably only allow girls to have both ears pierced or nothing at all. I know when i was in secondary school that was the rule. Now they didnt care in my school but still...
    If girls are allowed piercings then by all rights guys are aswell and if they dont let you,kick up a storm and throw the words "sexist" , "lawsuit" and "the evening herald" about just to get their attention

• Registered Users Posts: 7,456 ✭✭✭Blisterman

I think if its a public school, you have to be allowed have peircings. Private schools can make thier own rules.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,880 ✭✭✭Raphael

Don't think so, unless CBS's count as private now. They should change it, tis a reasonably fiar school, and its a verrry sexist rule

Yeah. The only reason I can't have my ears pierced is my school is all-guys. The bastards know it too.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 153 ✭✭startled_frog

I really do find the tattoos addictive.

I've only 9 piercings but I got them over the last 7/8 years.

I only wanted the one tattoo but now I have 4 and getting another one in the new year. It's definately addictive...in a good way.

And I agree with what the other peeps are saying about letting your body heal, I'd only get them done months apart not weeks. Too much for your body to deal with and you have to be really looking after yourself if you want them to heal properly. Your immune system won't be able to cope.

So be careful!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,828 ✭✭✭ven0m

I really do find the tattoos addictive.

I've only 9 piercings but I got them over the last 7/8 years.

I only wanted the one tattoo but now I have 4 and getting another one in the new year. It's definately addictive...in a good way.

And I agree with what the other peeps are saying about letting your body heal, I'd only get them done months apart not weeks. Too much for your body to deal with and you have to be really looking after yourself if you want them to heal properly. Your immune system won't be able to cope.

So be careful!!!

LMAO - it's now 10 tattoos & 7 piercings....... my how time flies....

::: ven0mous :::

• Closed Accounts Posts: 602 ✭✭✭edibility

Raphael wrote:
    My school doesn't allow guys to have piercings, but it allows girls. I'm gonna gget on my student council and to try get the rule changed, on virtue of the fact thats its very sexist

Tis worth a shot, my school is good like that

We did that quite succesfully, fellas can now wear the same piercings as girls to school (lobes, basically) but only one in each year.

Advertisement