Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Iggy Pop

Options
  • 06-12-2004 5:58pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2,647 ✭✭✭

Did anyone watch the South Bank show's biopic of Iggy Pop last night? I wouldn't have known too much about him or his music prior to watching it, and just caught the show by chance, but it was excellent viewing. He came across as being both a charismatic, intelligent and very fragile individual during the interview. Some of the footage of his stage (and off stage) performances, especially during the early parts of his career with the stooges, was captivating.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,480 ✭✭✭projectmayhem

yeah i wouldn't be a fan of his at all. i always saw him as a kind of shoots-from-the-hip druggie with no real musical talent, but my opinion was completely changed after seeing that show. i cought it mid-way though, so i probably missed some good bits. the whole bowie part was interesting, since i admire bowie a lot.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

get the 3 stooges albums they are amazing and you can pick them up for about €10 each

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,313 ✭✭✭sanncoo

Sorry! Can't see the fascination! He is so hyped up and full of himself!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2,048 ✭✭✭DerekD Goldfish

sanncoo wrote:
    Sorry! Can't see the fascination! He is so hyped up and full of himself!

Listin to the stooges stuff and his early solo stuff and you will see what the fuss is about and he may be cocky but knowhere in the bono league of ego

Advertisement