Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

Ignition Course advice wanted

Options
  • 06-12-2004 6:02pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭

I'm going to do the Hibernian Ignition Course later in the week. Has anybody done it before? Any advice/tips?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,021 ✭✭✭bopper

A what now????

• Closed Accounts Posts: 174 ✭✭masto1983

fletch wrote:
    I'm going to do the Hibernian Ignition Course later in the week. Has anybody done it before? Any advice/tips?
    Dont crash, the instructors dont like it. I hate learning things the hard way!

Ah but seriously, I wouldnt worry bout it at all. You start at 10am iirc, watch videos and answer questions till lunchtime, with coffee in between. Then two of you go off in the car with the instructor and take turns driving round the place for bout 15 mins each. Our instructor stopped to watch the grand national in a pub!!!

• Registered Users Posts: 1,242 ✭✭✭aodh_rua

Where are you doing it? I did it in City West and I found it really helpful that I knew the roads around there pretty well. The main thing is not to be nervous. It's not the driving test and the instructors are really helpful. As long as you don't crash you should be fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

aodh_rua wrote:
    Where are you doing it? I did it in City West and I found it really helpful that I knew the roads around there pretty well. The main thing is not to be nervous. It's not the driving test and the instructors are really helpful. As long as you don't crash you should be fine.
    I'm doing it out in the Airport (Great Southern Hotel)....I know the roads around there fairly ok so hopefully I should be ok. I really need to pass though 'cause the nearest quote I got was just over €1000 more than Hibernian's!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 garhelen

Keep close to the speed limits Don't be doing 25 ina 30 unless you recognise any danger near by Same goes for all speedlimits

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 69 ✭✭x.x.x

i did mine in Killiney, and the chance to get up to thirty was unusual, more often the not the hyper safe instrutor had me breaking 4 miles before the lights - to get a big discount simply drive like a big nerd

• Registered Users Posts: 6,660 ✭✭✭Blitzkrieger

listen

• Registered Users Posts: 7,398 ✭✭✭fletch

Did it today, got brought out on to the M50. Yeh she had be breakin miles back from junctions....no screamin up 2 a roundabout & standin up on the breaks! :rolleyes: Other than that it was a well worth while course & teaches you a lot about how your actions effect other road users.
    Looking around the classroom session in the morning, the room was full of young fellas. Spoke to one guy who had paid €6,500 insurance on his MG ZR. Say every boy racer in the country must be insured by Hibernian

Advertisement