Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NTL BB how does it work?

• 06-12-2004 6:20pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 20,149 ✭✭✭✭

Does it come thro a tv point? can you still use that tv point? dya need a digi box? and is it easy to set up wirelessly?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

the way i have mine is it comes up the front of the house, through the attic and down the back to the kitchen where theres a little point. a coax cable comes from that into the cable modem, which has a USB and an ethernet connection available. its basically like the eircom one except that instead of attaching to a phoneline, theres an access point which goes down NTLs lines.

actually, the access points are the ones they use for tv, it even has "TV" and "Radio" written on it.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Does it come through a TV point

Yes, but a splitter is fitted to take the TV signal to your TV and your Data Traffic to your cable modem

Can you still use that TV point

Absolutely, there is no change to your TV service, any additional "stuff" is fitted for you

Dya need a digibox

No

Is it easy to set up wirelessly

Yep, lots of people using wireless kit with the service - Linksys is popular as is netgear

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,330 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Can you use it from any tv point or does it have to be through the main one?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,876 ✭✭✭The_B_Man

i have my tv point in the sittin room behind TV. i have another point in kitchen which does not get TV (well i havent tried to).

i wonder can i get multi room telly now? hmm....

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,660 ✭✭✭crawler

Yes, you can...standard basic analogue package on the spare point.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 866 ✭✭✭thund3rbird_

zaph wrote:
    Can you use it from any tv point or does it have to be through the main one?

sometimes it will only work on the point it's originally installed on.
    if you want to be able to move the modem to different points in the house mention it to the installer - the other points may need to be checked

• Registered Users, Subscribers, Registered Users 2 Posts: 47,330 ✭✭✭✭Zaph

Cheers thund3rbird. If and when it ever arrives in D15 I'll be using it in the same room, but that's a different room to where the digital connection to the tv is. Just wanted to be sure I could run it off a secondary cable point.

Advertisement