Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Tiger Woods 2005 on cube

Options
  • 06-12-2004 8:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭

Anyone try this with a four player/one wavebird/lots of beer and whishey setup.
    It is the absolute business!!!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,749 ✭✭✭smokingman

I know golf is about as interesting as reality tv these days (i.e. not) but as a party game this does in fact have it all....you set up your shot while people try and figure it out themselves giving tips and thoughts on how much power or how much spin to use and the sound effects which are effin brilliant if you have the surround for it, kick in with the thumping of a heartbeat that goes right through you, accompanied by a hush across the room of drunks you don't even notice while the ball edges JUST wide.....

Then you pass the wavebird and grab ur beer, have a chat with the person next to you, give advice that's obviously wrong to your competitors and snigger when they follow it....

...and generally have an enjoyable time...

• Registered Users Posts: 26,928 ✭✭✭✭rainbow kirby

Sounds like a bit of a laugh. Especially when it starts to hit the beer goggles stage... Which is (funnily enough) when I get arsekickingly good at Super Smash Bros Melee...

Ah yes, the madness of Super Smash Brothers...that was the first game I got for my cube when it came out so long ago and I only dusted it off there a few weeks back for a repeat session (JD and BudVar in tow)
    Might just start a thread on the best games to play when you're pished...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,639 ✭✭✭[nicK]

smokingman wrote:
    Anyone try this with a four player/one wavebird/lots of beer and whishey setup.
    It is the absolute business!!!

sounds good..
    was thinkin' of getting a golf game this christmas and need a change from the mighty Ace golf :eek:
    i was more pushed on getting Mario Golf instead simply because of the 'fun factor' involved with all mario games.. but now...

/me googles tiger woods'05 reviews

I've played Mario Golf and believe me, Tiger beats it hands down.
    Mario has that hit or miss power bar thing but with Tiger you actually "swing" the joypad and one little slip could end up slicing it. Much more control and the "Game Face 2" thing where you can put your face in the game (warning - you can easily spend two hours getting your face/body just right staring at photos of yourself with side profiles and adjusting an AMAZING number of things to end up with what is uncannily you!) is worth the 2 disks alone....
    I'm not kidding here, I've stared at my face trying to figure out the shape whilst shaving in the mornings thinking "hmmm, need to raise my brow a centimeter and lower the chin...."

• Advertisement

smokingman wrote:
    you actually "swing" the joypad ..."

Sorry, that'd be the control stick.....

my bad. :rolleyes:

Advertisement