Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

IOL BB acting up?

• 06-12-2004 8:53pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭

ok,the past few days ive been lagging out from irc servers and unable to check webpages from time to time,is it just me or is anybody else on IOL getting this?

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 509 ✭✭✭butts

The opposite has happened to me. I mentioned my problem in another thread about how for a week I was having problems getting an IP address once the user name and password had been authenticated. For the last 3 days the problem seems to have disappeared. Might your problem be something similar?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,215 ✭✭✭harney

It sucks at the moment here in city centre Cork, and has been like this since I lost connection on Sunday afternoon for about 2 - 3 hours.

I have to reboot my netgear router evert 2 - 3 mins to maintain an IP address. If I run the setup wizard it doesnt always detect a dsl line, but as soon as it fails I can run it again and detect all the correct settings.

If I switch to the Zytel both link lights come up solid green but I dont get an IP address.

Last night and this morning I got a solid connection for about 41 mins and 2 hours respectively but then it went back to dropping every 2 or 3 mins.

Called IOL people and they are escalating it to their second level support.

Was in carphone warehouse today and ran a line check on my number (Eircom website) - if failed. Nothing to worry about I'm sure :eek:

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,638 ✭✭✭Iago

it could just be the copper on your line, this happens from time to time where a line that has passed and is being used then becomes unable to take a broadband signal...

tbh with the intermittent problems you're having that seems likely.

I'm in Dublin on IOLBB and haven't had any issues at all with lag or downtime recently

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 4,698 ✭✭✭garthv

yeh but half the time its grand....well i wouldnt say grand,i havent been impressed with IOL since i got it and i think i remember the tech support guy tellin me summat about that before
    Ahh well,IBB here I come

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 820 ✭✭✭Diabolus

harney wrote:
    It sucks at the moment here in city centre Cork, and has been like this since I lost connection on Sunday afternoon for about 2 - 3 hours.

I have to reboot my netgear router evert 2 - 3 mins to maintain an IP address. If I run the setup wizard it doesnt always detect a dsl line, but as soon as it fails I can run it again and detect all the correct settings.

If I switch to the Zytel both link lights come up solid green but I dont get an IP address.

Last night and this morning I got a solid connection for about 41 mins and 2 hours respectively but then it went back to dropping every 2 or 3 mins.

Called IOL people and they are escalating it to their second level support.

Was in carphone warehouse today and ran a line check on my number (Eircom website) - if failed. Nothing to worry about I'm sure :eek:

Roffle..
    Hey u were talking to me earlier :p

• Advertisement
Advertisement