Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

"Invalid CD Key" Error

Options
  • 06-12-2004 9:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭

Hi,
    Here's my problem. I recently put the 1.21 patch on, only to discover the clan server didn't put it on (as there was no Linux server patch). So I uninstalled the game, and reinstalled it. Now I can't reconnect to the server, or any other server, as I get a "Invalid CD Key" error.

Any idea's? This only started recently, and its begining to bug me. This applies to all servers that I've tried to play on.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 20,346 ✭✭✭✭KdjaCL

You typo and got unlucky and put in a blocked one?

Can find the cd key in the registry localmachine/software/eagames/bfv irc

Change it or check it there , if the same email EA they actually do reply.
    Theres a section in support for such things.

kdjac

• Registered Users Posts: 14,761 ✭✭✭✭Winters

Its a hell of a lot easier to change/re-enter you CD key using:
    C:\Program Files\EA Games\Battlefield Vietnam\eRed -> Battlefield Vietnam_code.exe

That program should easily allow you to reenter your CDKey without any problems.

• Registered Users Posts: 37,299 ✭✭✭✭the_syco

I just uninstaled and reinstalled the game. Works grand now. Thanks anyhoo's.

Advertisement