Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Mastodon- good or bad?

Options
  • 06-12-2004 9:45pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭

So what's your view on Mastodon. From what I've heard they're pretty good but I cant make up my mind. :confused:

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,750 ✭✭✭ghostchant

They're pretty damn good. 'Remission' is pure class.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 151 ✭✭asphalt-cushion

IamtheKing wrote:
    So what's your view on Mastodon. From what I've heard they're pretty good but I cant make up my mind. :confused:

Why don't you listen to them and then make up your mind.

I've heard leviathan and its definately worth getting. The drumming is really interesting, progressive i suppose. Only heard some of remission.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

Don't have remission, but it's on my to-do list. I'm listening to Leviathan right now, excellent album. Great band if you ask me.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Yeah, found out about Mastodon during the summer. Great band, really truly excellent stuff. Took a while to get into Leviathan but now it hasn't left the walkman in a month. One of the best albums for years, in my opinion.

• Registered Users Posts: 767 ✭✭✭nesthead

GOOD!! however, such a disgrace that they cancelled they tour to play a 20 min opener for (yawn) hatebreed, slayer (should've be headlining) and slipknot (double yawn...)

have to get remission, only have Leviathan (and what an album it is! a contender for album of 2004)

speaking of which.... anyone wanna start a thread for nominations?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,514 ✭✭✭Dermo

they are unbelievably brilliant
    was seriously pissed off when they cancelled their gig

• Closed Accounts Posts: 52 ✭✭IamtheKing

Ok cool. I'll probably get remission because it's cheaper. And I'm a scrooge. :D

• Closed Accounts Posts: 11,848 ✭✭✭✭Doctor J

Nah, Remission is ok, but Leviathan is a work of art. Leviathan all the way.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,135 ✭✭✭✭John

Yeah Leviathan is a behemoth of an album. I really wanted to see them live but pants I cry, PANTS!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 29,130 ✭✭✭✭Karl Hungus

I Have to concur, Leviathan rocks the bejebus outta my hole!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭SlipknotBitch9

i've seen them play with slipknot in oct in glasgow, i thought they were total borin predictable ****!

• Registered Users Posts: 13,034 ✭✭✭✭It wasn't me!

Compared to the almighty Slipknot I'm sure they paled. :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 63 ✭✭SlipknotBitch9

i just thought they had very predictable guitar solos and i couldn't understand what all the ****in fuss was about

• Closed Accounts Posts: 317 ✭✭Geranium

Predictable? Sure tis all about the fun and energy. Great band. Sure they don't create melancholy and mood wherever they go but they rock my socks.

Advertisement