Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

amp 4 guitar

Options
  • 09-06-2001 12:53am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭

any1 selling an amp for a guitar?
    in good nick and reasonably new
    i know this is in the wrong place.. shoud b in the for sale boards, but i thught it would get a better responce in the music section..

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Oh yeah

Indeed. Any specific type/price range/watt? What's it gonna be used for? And please don't say amplifying your guitar... :)

"Thanks for posting your message, Oh yeah! "

- Hehe, that cracks me up. Oh yeah...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

anything once it werks and is a decent price.
    cause im gettin a gibson sg next week.. (the guitar not the puter)
    why what have you got to sell?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

I have a 20watt Vantage that I'll be selling soon. Right after I get my Peavy Blues Classic. It is handy for practicing on, good for a beginner. If your interested email me thefanj@yahoo.com

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

Peavey's are pretty nice but u should really get a Marshall. The velvety smoothness, the reverb, the crunchy overdrive! It snaps, crackles and pops! But yeah, Vantage's are pretty good for starter amps - probably the same as Laney.

What guitar you got Mr. FANJ?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Discoballpaul

Not a big fan of Vantage
    Nice sound for the money but have a tendency to die after about a year

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Oh yeah

Don't know jack squatt about amps really. I started off for a month or so on a frikkin Kustom Keyboard (if you don't mind) amp, with tiny reverb and nothing else, on loan. Then I got my nice Johnson 25w with the good reverb and the nice overdrive. Cost about £100 as I recall.

Worth it just to play Newborn.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I've got a Marshall Valvestate 265 - it flugging rules!!! It's a lot of cash (cost me £535 2 years ago), but it's soooooo worth it. Fair play on the SG mate! gl with it.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,731 ✭✭✭DadaKopf

I got one of those - it's booooteeeefull. The OD's are smashin' and the clean channel is really amazing. I play it through a US Telecaster, the REAL complimentary guitar smile.gif U should use Fender!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 822 ✭✭✭Kastro

i had a fender stratocast..
    but i sold it..
    im getting a gibson.. the "sg" model looks nice, and has a nice feel to it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 221 ✭✭black_wizardd

I have an 80 watt solid state Marshall (park series). It's about 1 1/2 year's old, it's done me for loads of pub gig's so it's a decent amp, only selling it cause I wan't a valvestate, the volume knob goes a wee bit funny now and again (probably just a loose wire, could'nt be arsed checking, you just need to tap it with your finger and it's fine again smile.gif) and that's all that's wrong with it. I bought it for £300 so I'd sell it for £200 ono, howzat sound, if your interested mail me at jamesmc@netscape.com.

Forgot to say that it has the footswitch and all connections with it (obviously).

[This message has been edited by black_wizardd (edited 13-06-2001).]

• Advertisement
Advertisement