Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The bard's recommended album of the month

Options
  • 11-06-2001 1:16pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭

biggrin.gif

2 big thumbs up here for Dido's "No Angel"

in fact... here they are:

icon14.gificon14.gif

Excellent excellent album ... gorgeous stuff... highly recommended...

That is all ! smile.gif

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,398 ✭✭✭the fnj

While your on the subject I would have to say Radioheads latest album Amnesiac is really good.

I would also give it two tumbs up while shouting I'm laughing but I din't know how to get thumbs.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,141 ✭✭✭fisty

she would sooooo get it...
    that is all.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,309 ✭✭✭✭Bard

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by The FANJ:
    While your on the subject I would have to say Radioheads latest album Amnesiac is really good.

I would also give it two tumbs up while shouting I'm laughing but I din't know how to get thumbs.
    </font>

Mmm... I have the limited special edition of that on order... should have it by tomorrow.

Still - every track on Dido's album is listen-to-able and all the pieces come together to form a very lovely whole which I could never tire of. Great stuff, Dido!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 22 Discoballpaul

Hmmmmmmmm...Dido not bad and all but really ****ing bland, best album recently has to be Radiohead Kid A or PJ Harvey Stories etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,621 ✭✭✭Panda

Yes, yes i must invest in a copy of Amnesiac.

In the arena of music lately, listen to Muse:New Born.
    It just explodes.

Aka: Dragon,Sexual Harassment Panda, SCUMM.

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 111 ✭✭Oh yeah

Ah, New Born... smile.gif

I love the keyboard bit, sounds great on the auld acoustic guitar, but the main riff after that is even speshuller.

I can't wait for Origin of Symmetry.

I've been meaning to hear more of Radiohead's new stuff, haven't got round to it yet.

And hey, we'll have a new Suede album before the end of the year it seems. Neil Codling has left the group due to illness. He's been replaced by Alex something...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 8,417 ✭✭✭Miguel_Sanchez

Radiohead's album is great - got it a month back from some unknown music file sharing service online (Napster or something like that I think it's called)

Anywho - I have heard that David Kitt's new album is truely brilliant and I can't wait to copy... ehh.. I mean buy it.

Heard a couple songs on Donal Dineen from it and they were great. Found myself singing along with little harmonies on the first listen which is good (except if you happen to be in the room with me - I can't sing)

I'm the Dude

• Registered Users Posts: 1,155 ✭✭✭Xithus

Everytime I look at dido I see Eminem.. She could have come up with a better way to get attention.. A much better way.

Im sorry Im that narrow minded biggrin.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

It was Eminem's idea to put that Dido sample in, not the other way around.

On topic, I like the sound of 10000 Hz Legend by Air.

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators Posts: 28,633 Mod ✭✭✭✭Shiminay

I got that special addition "Library Book" of Amnesiac - very clever and pretty! What did I do - left the frickin' thing in Mayo! I'll get it at the weekend.

All the best!
    Dav
    @B^)
    So Bob Hoskins was about to roll a spliff when in walks Dana with her 3 foot Bong
    [honey i] violated [the kids]
    Tribes 2 Goodness
    The Dawn of the Beefy King approaches...

• Advertisement

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sico:
    It was Eminem's idea to put that Dido sample in, not the other way around.
    </font>

And a bloody good idea it was too!

Bard
    "Have a gorilla!" ... "No thanks, I'll have one of my monkeys, they're milder."

• Closed Accounts Posts: 768 ✭✭✭SHADOW

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Bard:
    And a bloody good idea it was too!

</font>

Yeah great chooone
    wink.gif

If the bottom falls out of your world, drink Andrews and the world will fall out of your bottom!!
    games?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 144 ✭✭Ri-ra

I'm lukewarm about the music, but she's a hottie...

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,634 ✭✭✭Kolodny

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Xithus:
    Everytime I look at dido I see Eminem.. She could have come up with a better way to get attention.. A much better way.</font>

She's been around for what seems a lot longer than Eminem though. She was singing on the first album by Faithless (with her brother Rollo) and 'Thankyou' was used in the movie Sliding Doors a couple of years back.

Nice album anyway.

Of all the things I've lost, I miss my mind the most.

• Registered Users Posts: 9,046 ✭✭✭Dustaz

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Sico:

On topic, I like the sound of 10000 Hz Legend by Air.
    </font>

Argh, thats a load of **** . meaningless collection of beeps and whizzes. nowhere near the grace of Moon Safari.

When it comes to Air, I'll go for the Premieres Symptomes EP any day...

Amnesiac is - ... interesting... any thoughts yerselves?

And Dido? BLAND? B0llocks smile.gif

Bard
    Does exactly what it says on the tin.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭Cake Fiend

<font face="Verdana, Arial" size="2">Originally posted by Dustaz:
    nowhere near the grace of Moon Safari.</font>

That's the point - it's different; a possible new direction.
    I didn't say it's better than PS or MS, just that I liked it - the previous albums (not including the Virgin Suicides album, wasn't impressed at all with that) will always hold the top spots in my chill-out playlist along with Nightmares On Wax (l33t), but 10KHzL is interestingly darker and deeper. Give it a chance.

Advertisement