Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Forms

Options
  • 06-12-2004 10:41pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 12

Hi,

How can I get a form to send a file attahment with the email?

or

To upload a file to a folder on my hosting ac?

I would prefer to use PHP

Michael

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 17,208 ✭✭✭✭aidan_walsh

You account will have to be set to allow PHP to upload files, and unless you have access you your PHP config file, you'll have to ask your service provider if they allow it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭Ph3n0m

Usually you can do this without having to ask the hosting company in question, as long as you can change permissions on a folder

Your php script needs to up the attachment to a temporary folder, then using php mail function, attach the file. When the email is sent, a little bit of extra coding to delete the file from the folder

• Closed Accounts Posts: 12 mmurf100

I was hoping that some one would put up the code that is need to do this or else put a link to where I could get it.

Michael

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 16,659 ✭✭✭✭dahamsta

Advertisement