Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Hail Mary in French....!!

Options
  • 06-12-2004 11:32pm
    Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭

Just found out today that no.1 son has to recite this before every French lesson.In French
    And before Biology.
    Bit much I think!!

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 915 ✭✭✭ArthurDent

Is your problem that he has to pray or pray in French?

Went to a Catholic secondary school and we said prayers in Irish before Irish class, Frenceh before French and German before German - added a bit of variety I suppose. i can't remember objecting too much to it.
    Now if you're complaining about wasting good education time praying - well thats a whole other topic and I'd have to agree with you there - but if you've chosen a denomnational school there's bugger all you can do about it tbh.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Bessacadia

ArthurDent wrote:
    Is your problem that he has to pray or pray in French?

Now if you're complaining about wasting good education time praying - well thats a whole other topic and I'd have to agree with you there - but if you've chosen a denomnational school there's bugger all you can do about it tbh.

Erm - I didn't say I had a problem with it, I just think it is utterly ridiculous and a total waste of teaching time.Apparently half the kids mumble under their breath.A complete waste of 15 minutes a day.
    As for choosing a denominational school, well there isn't much of a choice, is there!
    My son has just switched schools from one that didn't even bother about giving out homework, to one that bombards him with religion.

What is the point of having to say 5 Hail Marys a day???
    Price to pay for an education I suppose.....

• Subscribers Posts: 19,425 ✭✭✭✭Oryx

hes going straight to heaven, remember? :D Thats catholic schools for you - if they cant get it in straight, theyll get it in by repetition. You just made me realise i can still say the hail mary in french after 15 years!

• Closed Accounts Posts: 217 ✭✭Bessacadia

Well I don't want him to get there any quicker..... :D

Advertisement