Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PS2 Messiah Boot Up Instructions

Options
  • 07-12-2004 12:13am
    Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭

I had my PS2 modded early last year via a guy from the forums(mike). I have looked for his website, as he had one but can't find it. My problem is the messiah boot up instructions for the I got from him are gone missing and I can only find instructions for the newer messiah chip on the net which is different. Can anyone help with the instructions I need. They relate to the different buttons you press to get play games and dvd's to work.

Comments

• Moderators, Category Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 51,393 CMod ✭✭✭✭Retr0gamer

Had this trouble myself cos my dad collected mine and didn't ask. For the messiah chip for PS2 games you start the machine with the eject button. For PS1 games press the power button twice quickly after powering up i.e. at the boot up animation. Thats for messiah. I think its start up normally for DVDs. Don't use my PS2 for DVDs so not really sure.

You might have a different one that does the same thing. Magic something? For that the only difference is that you hold the power button until the light turns blue to use PS1 games. Hope that helps.

• Registered Users Posts: 666 ✭✭✭Prisoner6409

Yeah I have the Messiah chip, the older one. For backup games as you say you put the PS2 into standby mode(red reset button on) and hit the blue button to open the tray place the disk in and close the tray. However there is a way to turn off the chip altogether(until reboot) and I have no idea what it is. Anyone???

• Closed Accounts Posts: 177 ✭✭thelad

Put your psx disk/dvd in tray and power off....then power on console holding in the standby button until the eject light turns blue then release and your dvds/psx games will boot (-;

Advertisement