Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sony All-in-one yokeymabob

Options
  • 07-12-2004 12:32am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

My dad is considering getting one of these for the study. He wanted to get a dvd recorder and a new tv for the room so when he saw this he thought it would be a great idea to get them both all together as well as a really fast pc.

It's gonna cost 2700 euro which i think is a bit steep considering i could build my own for less than 2 grand.

Just wondering if any of you guys have had experience with these sony yokes and if hey are any good. Also would it be a better idea to do it myself, even though buying it from sony guarantees it for a few years and there's a lot less hassle!

Thanks

Morf3h

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 3,317 ✭✭✭Chalk

seems a bit of a rip off tbh,
    1x dvd recorder???? wtf
    only 512mB of ram, 4 usb...
    oldish gfx card

if your talking about high spec, that pc is almost obsolete, and for that kind of money your really looking at a very high end machine.
    your paying for the sony name and the built in software,
    oh, and what looks like a very nice flat panel...

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

The sony x-black flat panels are absolutely superb, best monitor I've ever used bar none. It's amazing the difference when you compare an x-black flat panel with a normal one, it's like comparing a colour newspaper with a glossy magazine.

I'd agree with Chalk though, as neat and tidy as the sony looks it's a lot of money for a spec like that. It doesn't even run mce, but thats another thread ;)

[EDIT]
    Hmm, on closer inspection €2700 does include a 19" x-black monitor which on it's own would be about €900 so perhaps €1600 for the rest isn't so bad for such a nice tidy box. Yes you could get cheaper or higher spec for that sort of money but it would probably come in kit form or have all the aesthetics of a filing cabinet.
    [/EDIT]

Advertisement