Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

So who's the Cylon?

• 07-12-2004 1:02am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭

Well there's been enough hints dropped so far on the fact that one of the senior Galactica crew/Presidential aides might be a Cylon agent, possibly as a sleeper. Who is it?

Who is the other infiltrator? 14 votes

El Presidente
    0% 0 votes
    Commander Adama
    35% 5 votes
    Galactica's MD
    0% 0 votes
    Billy
    14% 2 votes
    Tigh
    21% 3 votes
    Duaella
    14% 2 votes
    Boxy
    0% 0 votes
    Other...please state whom.
    14% 2 votes

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 784 ✭✭✭Belisarius

Which one is the XO ? Im terrible with names, Him anyway.

• Moderators, Entertainment Moderators Posts: 17,994 Mod ✭✭✭✭ixoy

Galactica's MD. I'm going with the idea that we're being fed clues that are meant to make us go "ohh gee they want us to think it's Adam, but it's clearly the Prez" just so they can throw a curve ball and go "ah ha! It's the MD!"

The new medicine the MD is slipping the prez. is then being used to send her certain thoughts, via dreams, and confuse her. Maybe using nanites or something more simple. We'll see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 189 ✭✭Ave

Adama, the pres and the XO are all too old, having too long histories.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 931 ✭✭✭c0y0te

I've had to go with "Other" for now, mostly until the issues I've raised in this other thread http://www.boards.ie/vbulletin/showthread.php?p=2160113#post2160113 can be resolved :D

I was thinking about this last night, and posted my thoughts before I'd seen your poll.. so I guess I'll wait until people respond and help clear my distraction with this issue :p

c0y0te

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 218 ✭✭Haruspex

ixoy wrote:
    The new medicine the MD is slipping the prez. is then being used to send her certain thoughts, via dreams, and confuse her. Maybe using nanites or something more simple. We'll see.

I like this nanites theory ixoy! I just can't bring myself to accept Madame President as the Cylon but have to admit she is being manipulated in some way. What I love at the moment is that they have us (the viewers) all trying to second guess who the Cylon is, just like the paranoia that must be sweeping the fugitive fleet! For the moment I must abstain from this vote as I can't commit to a decision yet...

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rebel Jaffa

I think the president is the cylon. She just happened to be off world when the nuke's dropped. We have to assume that the cylon's would know where all the ministers would be at that time (With so many infiltrations that would be possible just look at how many have turned up in the fleet already). Maybe billy he's a bit clumsy but good programming and you can get away with it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Rebel Jaffa

Ave wrote:
    Adama, the pres and the XO are all too old, having too long histories.

How do you know they weren't replaced by cylon's? :eek:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 390 ✭✭roar_ie

I am going to go for the Presidents aide as being a cylon.

My reason's are as follows:
    1. He is the right age for a cylon in comparison with the other cylon agents
    2. His pathetic attempt at chatting up your one could be part of the cylon examination of love and relationships
    3. He has a high enough security clearance as a result to know pretty much everything
    4. The president is dying so i doubt it is her.
    5. Adama and Tigh have too much history together and could probably figure if one was the Cylon
    6. We also have apollo, Adama's son on board as well as starbuck, both of whom would i believe notice if he was cylon

roar_ie

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,758 ✭✭✭Peace

I think its Fenster.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 23,216 ✭✭✭✭monkeyfudge

I'm a Cylon and so is my wife!

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,255 ✭✭✭TCamen

I'd like to have thought it was gonna be Boxey, but we simply haven't seen enough of him since the miniseries for it to work.

I've gone with Billy, just 'cos, like the MD, he's around the Pres a lot, and therefore could be doing something to her....

I really don't know though, and I'm hoping it's a big shock when it's finally revealed.

Of course, there may be more than one.... :rolleyes:

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,056 ✭✭✭Sooner or Later

Its almost easier to say who isnt a Cylon. (And, yes, I appreciate that the following argument only stands up if Cylons are originals and not copies).

If you were around for the first Cylon war you can't be a humanoid Cylon, as they didnt exist then. So Adama and Tigh are not Cylons (was the Prez around then?)

Family ties:

Adama is not a Cylon so his son Apollo can't be one either.

Cylons messing with your mind:

The prisoner (Lee?) told the Prez that Adama was a Cylon to mess with her head. So she isn't a Cylon. If she was a Cylon there would be no point in saying that to her.

It also means that Baltar is probably not a Cylon seeing as how Six is always messing with his mind.

Other than them it could be absolutely anyone. I'll vote for Billy.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 ThePet

I'm new :) I'm going to post anyway...and look for an intro thread later...

I voted for Tigh. Now, I know he's old and has history, but I agree that he could have been *replaced* by a Cylon. Didn't Sex say that Baltar's brain pattern should be copied some time? She was being lighthearted, perhaps, but it suggests that the Cylons can do this. So - they nick Tigh and replace him with a Cylon agent. Why Tigh? My partner, also a BSG fan, argues that Tigh is a good choice because they're making such a big deal of his very *human* failings (he's a drunk, etc.)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 182 ✭✭David Stewart

It's Baltar. Has to be. How did he survive the nuclear blast? I think the cylons built a Baltar model and somehow transferred his conciousness to it so he doesn't know he's a cylon. I don't buy this thing about him having a chip in his brain. Number Six can communicate with him because he is a Cylon.

And think, why is Number 6 so intent on him developing a Cylon detector? I think she wants him to build it and try it on himself. Now that's an episode I'd like to see.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dragondeathlord

At the risk of being hated and hunted why not include in the list the only other human with deep beleaf in religion, super human reflexs, who the exact right age ,and no one knew till 2 years ago, Starbuck :eek: ! consider she was exploreing a relationship with Zack till he died in a (accedent?) but no one really knew her before then. And she fit's the Profile perfectly. if I'm right she will be the last to be revealed. ;) Errr guy's do not kill me I am a Starbuck fan Honest.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 2 dragondeathlord

Ps number 6 was Jealous of Starbuck and at least catty with Boomer but no one else not even the reporter Dr. Boltar slept with . I wonder why? What could Starbuck and Boomer :) have in common?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 148 ✭✭Horatio

Good theory and it may pan out but Appollo has know Starbuck for a long time
    and has seen her through flight school, my guess would be the chief,, would'nt that be a kicker for boomer !

• Registered Users Posts: 721 ✭✭✭stakey

Tom Zarek, think about it... the cylons could have possibly used people (in the vaguest sense) like Tom Zarek to destabilise the colonies and make them more prone to attack through terrorism. The other characters, Tigh, Roslin, Adama (jnr & snr) have too much of a back story to be cylons, but what about Zarek, the only back story we have of him is he was a terrorist/freedom fighter. Now Zarek is making serious moves towards gaining control of the colonials and Sx and Zarek's interests seem to cross path, anyone remember Colonial Day?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Cylons messing with your mind:

The prisoner (Lee?) told the Prez that Adama was a Cylon to mess with her head. So she isn't a Cylon. If she was a Cylon there would be no point in saying that to her.

Except that she would not neccesarily know she was a cylon, like Boomer. However I don't think it is Rosiln as I prefer the idea of the cylons being originals rather than copies of existing people. It is more interesting that way, if they have copies of humans, then they shouldn't be part of the original 12.

I like the idea that it may be Starbuck, although in 33 she was tired and Boomer wasn't. Of course if she knows she is a cylon then she may have been pretending to be tired. Although if she is a cylon why would she be so upset about Zack, and about disappointing Adama. However..................Too many ifs and buts, head exploding! :confused:

I think that it isn't Baltar, the beauty of his character is that he is all too human. I think Billy is too obvious. There is still a question hanging over Ellen Tigh however. I think the suggestion of it being Rosiln's new doctor is a good one. He is important enough to shock, but not too important to reveal his true nature early into the story arc.

But I'm picking other as there are only 8 choices and there are still 8 unknown cylons, so even if all the other 7 are cylons other is still definetly right, :D

Oh and any thoughts about who slipped Adama the note at the end of the pilot?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 16,713 ✭✭✭✭jor el

iguana wrote:
    Oh and any thoughts about who slipped Adama the note at the end of the pilot?

I assumed it was Baltar who had left the note.

Making Starbuck a woman was one thing, but a Cylon too? Surely that's pushing it too far. Any of them could be a Cylon, and there are no concrete clues as to who. I'd vote none of them, it was only Boomer!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 591 ✭✭✭Rosser

Just look at the last episode of season 1 and see who hands Boomer the gun she uses to shoot Adama and then you'll have no doubts

Rosser wrote:
    Just look at the last episode of season 1 and see who hands Boomer the gun she uses to shoot Adama and then you'll have no doubts
    Nah. He just shakes hands with her. She already had a side arm on her.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,481 ✭✭✭satchmo

For what it's worth, I've long suspected Ellen Tigh (the XO's wife) is the cylon, ever since she appeared the first time. I've no evidence, I just don't trust her - especially the way she's been blatantly manipulating Tigh recently.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 18 Apollonaire

I think that Gaeta is a Cylon.

1) It looks like he was the won that handed Boomer the gun from close inspection of "Kobols Last Gleaming"
    2) He is essentially the tactical officer of the Galactica and so in a position of power on the ship
    3) Adama and Tigh depend on him and trust him
    4) In one of the deleted scenes ( I think it was deleted) he showed waaaaaaaay too much interest in whether Billy and Dualla had done the deed.
    5) He just discovered the flaw in Shelley Godfreys photo at a very convenient time.
    6) He was on the Bridge a lot and so could have installed that Cylon Device from the pilot.

satchmo wrote:
    For what it's worth, I've long suspected Ellen Tigh (the XO's wife) is the cylon, ever since she appeared the first time. I've no evidence, I just don't trust her - especially the way she's been blatantly manipulating Tigh recently.

Nah, I think she is just the classic "Lady Macbeth" type, pushing her husband to gain power and doing whatever it takes to ensure he does get power. She is insinuated to have made a deal with Zarek already, perhaps Tigh gets the military and he gets the Civilian government. I hope that she eventually gets whats coming to her just like Lady M did.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 7,753 ✭✭✭GerardKeating

I think that Gaeta is a Cylon.

Dount if it can be any senior staff.

If it was Gaeta, why does he not just signal the cylon the location of the fleet and any other infomation they need to know to finished the job.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,316 ✭✭✭ButcherOfNog

If it was Gaeta, why does he not just signal the cylon the location of the fleet and any other infomation they need to know to finished the job.

because the cylons already know where they are, and in my opinion the fleet and everyone in it are the cylons lab rats. Well, thats one of my theories :)

The Cylons have repeatedly said that they have a plan, letting the humans get to Kobol was part of the plan so presumably thats why they have not obliterated the fleet yet and they are probably capable of doing so.

Also Gaeta may not know he is a Cylon...yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 12,917 ✭✭✭✭iguana

Does anyone else think Ronald D Moore was playing with us in the first episode. Whether or not Gaeta handed Boomer the gun to shoot Adama has been debated by so many fans online that he has to have heard about it. So what is the first thing he does in season two? He makes Gaeta lose the fleet --- and then be responsible for finding it again.

It's like he is saying, "yup you got me, he's a cylon. Or maybe he isn't afterall, no clues here."

I think that Cally is the one most likely to be a cylon. She shot Boomer to stop Gauis from being able to test her, and may also have released her brain to be downloaded to another Boomer clone. She pretends to lack confidence and be very overpowered by events to stop people from taking her too seriously yet in the space of two episodes she is the catalyst for events on Kobol going the way Six predicted and responsible for killing Boomer. And all because she couldn't help herself?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

Was just thinking. Crashdown might be a cylon. :eek:

No one suspects him since he's 'dead'.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,763 ✭✭✭Fenster

Hmm.

Cally as an evil fembot... It has its attractions... :cool:

• Moderators, Regional Midwest Moderators Posts: 11,164 Mod ✭✭✭✭MarkR

I'm going for cally. She's gone all tweaky. Inner personal turmoil. :D

Totally Gaeta, watch the last episode of of season one when Boomer comes to the CIC he shakes her hand and then passes her the gun she uses to shoot Adama...totally 100% sure

and of course he can't hand the fleet over to the cylons until Boomer has the baby

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1 Anestacia

I totally agree with Gaeta. I am brand new to this board but almost from the beggining I have suspected him. Plus you guys bring up good points that only reenforce that he is the cylon. Hes very interested and close to Baltar in season 1. The main red flag for me was when he was "trying" to stop the virus from getting into their system and he stops it RIGHT in time of the fourth firewall...yet a few episodes later the ship is in fact infected. Im convinced it is him :) Hes one of those characters where you have many clues that it is probbaly him but not overly obvious like Ellen. At first I was thinking possibly it could be her but shes just too much :) Though I beleive she is up to something I dont beleieve she is a Cylon.

Another good one is Baltar. While I hope that it is not him because I love his human nature, 2 main things do come up that go against his case. Surviving the initial blast on Caprica being one of them....maybe Six had some sort of shielding to protect him but I think thats a bit far fetched as none of the other models have used a shielding to protect themselves. Also it was made clear that Six is NOT a chip in his head....and his visions of her just reveal too much truthful information for it to be a figment of his imagination so I do beleive it is possible it is him, though I hope thats not the case :)

But my vote is Gaeta....id be willing to say I'm 99.9% sure :)

• Advertisement

All he had to be shielded from was the broken glass that was created from the shockwave.

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

roar_ie wrote:
    I am going to go for the Presidents aide as being a cylon.

My reason's are as follows:
    1. He is the right age for a cylon in comparison with the other cylon agents
    2. His pathetic attempt at chatting up your one could be part of the cylon examination of love and relationships
    3. He has a high enough security clearance as a result to know pretty much everything
    4. The president is dying so i doubt it is her.
    5. Adama and Tigh have too much history together and could probably figure if one was the Cylon
    6. We also have apollo, Adama's son on board as well as starbuck, both of whom would i believe notice if he was cylon

roar_ie

I agree wih you. I know he's an aide and all that but there's something about him, he's always just... THERE! Like that guy from the Capital Liner that got left in the ammunition dump on the Ragnar station in the Ion Storm?

• Registered Users Posts: 578 ✭✭✭Son_of_Belial

Dount if it can be any senior staff.

Cos someone would be bound to notice some weird communiqué just happening to leave the ship from the bridge no less. Come on. Though Gaeta is a very definite possibility

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 593 ✭✭✭Scráib

I think its Dualla.

Remember when the Cylons boarded the ship? They found her, the only one left alive in an area where galactica crewmembers are dead everywhere.

How could she be the only one to be overlooked?

• Closed Accounts Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭thelordofcheese

What about billy?

In that same episode as the president, Duaella and Co are about to make their stealthy get away from the cylon centurions he 'accidentally' fires off the pistol he's been given drawing the cylons attention to them.

i don't care how gun shy you are, nobody is so stupid as to squeeze the trigger while you are trying to sneak away from the hulking death machines that are right beside you.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 102 ✭✭cormy

My guess is that Billy is a cylon. Why? Bear with me:

Number six: Taller than average for a woman (5'10 according to imdb.com) - nothing strange there what with her being a former model and all).
    Billy: Very tall - 6'2 according to imdb.com

... still with me?

Now, in the Miniseries/Pilot episode, at one point Baltar and Number 6 part company after walking together in an open, grassy area (this is before the cylon attack). Soon afterwards Number 6 turns to face the camera and says something like "oh I was expecting you" or something like that, - doesn't really matter - the point is that whoever she meets is most likely a cylon.

Here's the science bit - pay attention ;-) ....

As she addresses this off-screen person she looks *up* at whoever it is - it is quite noticeable. Hence my earlier comments on the relative heights of Billy and Number 6 - I'm thinking that whoever she's talking to must be a fair whack taller than her. Billy is the only other major character in the series that would be tall enough to cause Tricia Helfer to look upwards when she looked at them.

Discuss ...

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 5,836 ✭✭✭Vokes

I like your thinking O_o

Whatabout Crashdown? He too is quite tall (6'1 according to imdb.com).

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 21,047 ✭✭✭✭Stark

cormy wrote:
    Soon afterwards Number 6 turns to face the camera and says something like "oh I was expecting you" or something like that, - doesn't really matter - the point is that whoever she meets is most likely a cylon.

She says "It's about time you showed up", bless my (phonographic?) memory :)

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,752 ✭✭✭cyrusdvirus

Ok maybe i'm being a bit too trusting, but didn't Boomer say that there were 8 cylons in the fleet? So it could well be BIlly, Dualla and Cally are ALL cylons. Personally I think Cally is a bit too obvious. Especially since she disposed of Boomer in such a way.

Thought it was an interesting play on the Lee Harvey Oswald/Jack Ruby shooting though

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,780 ✭✭✭Nuttzz

Stark wrote:
    She says "It's about time you showed up", bless my (phonographic?) memory :)

doesnt fisk say the exact same thing in the black market ep?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,485 ✭✭✭Berns

Didnt know where ppl had seen upto so here's a possible thought :rolleyes:
    In a recent episode when the prez was dying of cancer, she got the blood transfusion from the cylon womb of boomers baby to totally cure her. Now since it was from the womb guess the cylon blood maybe not combat the cancer , but it shoulda prob prevented it in first place?? So prez likely not a cylon.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

very sound reasoning i didnt think of that

also MOD can u unclose this poll please?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 6,905 ✭✭✭User45701

very good reasoning

btw MOD can u unlose this poll pleae let more people vote

Advertisement