Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Help needed for router with wireless router

• 07-12-2004 4:48am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators Posts: 12,450 Mod ✭✭✭✭

I want to use a Dlink dsl-504 with a Netgear WGT 634U as both of them are routers I presume that I will need to make some adjustments. Any help gratefully received! :)

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,694 ✭✭✭Dingatron

There may be a setting on one of the routers to change it into a wireless app rather than a router. Not sure if that's what your after?

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 1,523 ✭✭✭machalla

Well just set the dlink up as normal. Turn off the DHCP Server on one or the other of them (if you're running it that is). I would suggest you give both of the routers a static ip like 192.168.1.1 and 192.168.1.2. You may want to turn off the firewall on one of them also as it could get messy with natting through two routers (should still work but if you need to configure anything, it will get annoying). Set the wireless routers gateway to be the dlink.

Not sure what else at the moment. The above setup worked for me with a DSL 504 and a netgear wireless router (can't remember which one). Of course secure the wireless router as well with wep or wpa, lockdown the mac addresses and turn off SSID broadcast. Less likely to have anyone piggybacking on your network then.

Advertisement