Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Wolves appoint Hoddle

• 07-12-2004 10:19am
    Closed Accounts Posts: 14,013 ✭✭✭✭

Glenn Hoddle will be unveiled as the new Wolves manager on Tuesday.
    The club have confirmed that the former England coach will be unveiled as the successor to Dave Jones at a news conference at Molineux at 1100 GMT.

Hoddle has been linked with a return to former club Southampton but Wolves have won the race for his services.

He has been out of the game since being sacked at Spurs in September 2003 and worked alongside Wolves caretaker boss Stuart Gray at Southampton.

Hoddle began his managerial career as player-boss with Swindon before moving on to Chelsea and then taking up the England job.

His spell in charge of the national side came to an end after the 1998 World Cup when he made controversial remarks about the disabled in a newspaper interview.

The 47-year-old later returned to management with Southampton, where he again succeeded Jones - as he has now done at Wolves.

He engineered an upturn in Saints' fortunes before being lured to White Hart Lane by Tottenham - the club where he made his name as a player.

That relationship turned sour at the start of the last campaign and he left the London club early last season.

Since then he has applied unsuccessfully for the post of France manager and had also been linked with a return to Southampton.

Wolves are currently 17th in the Championship and have a home game against Millwall on Tuesday.
    Interesting choice, I'd say he'd actually do OK. Straight into business against Millwall tonight.

Comments

• Closed Accounts Posts: 88,972 ✭✭✭✭mike65

I'm cool with it, I think Wolves need a name and he needs a decent sized club to return to action with. Top 6 the target and its well within reach.

Mike.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 15,117 ✭✭✭✭MrJoeSoap

Thank fcuk he didnt come back to Southampton. I've more loyalty in my little finger than that arrogant tw@t.

Advertisement