Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Using my computer as a DVD HD Recorder

Options
  • 07-12-2004 10:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 480 ✭✭

Hi i want to connect my computer to my tv so i can record programmes and films and stuff onto my computer. I know i'll need a graphics card with a TV-Out and a big hard drive but is there anything else i need?

Does any1 know of good software i can use? Also what does my tv have to have in order for me to be able to do it?

Thanks

Morf3h

Comments

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 17,642 Mod ✭✭✭✭Graham

You'll also need a TV-In of some sort.

Something like the WinTV PVR 350 (or one of many similar other boards) have a TV tuner of their own so won't be reliant on your TV's tuner at all, you plug your aerial/set top box into the TV card.

Your TV and TV Card will dictate what connections it could be S-Video/Scart/Composite Video etc. What inputs does your TV have?

Advertisement