Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules

CD Player for Focus

Options
  • 07-12-2004 11:05am
    Registered Users Posts: 697 ✭✭✭

Hi,
    I have just bought a Ford Focus that has the standard Ford casette radio player, I want to upgrade to a CD player. I have been looking on ebay.co.uk and they have the Ford players from £70 - £160. Would this be the cheapest option to get a cd/radio or is there somewhere that I could pick up the system here and not pay the €400 I was quoted. I think I would like to stick with the Ford parts as some of the radios fitted into the facia adapters can look a little out of place.
    Advice and web links greatly appreciated.

Cionn

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 948 ✭✭✭dcGT

Cionn wrote:
    Hi,
    I have just bought a Ford Focus that has the standard Ford casette radio player, I want to upgrade to a CD player. I have been looking on ebay.co.uk and they have the Ford players from £70 - £160. Would this be the cheapest option to get a cd/radio or is there somewhere that I could pick up the system here and not pay the €400 I was quoted. I think I would like to stick with the Ford parts as some of the radios fitted into the facia adapters can look a little out of place.
    Advice and web links greatly appreciated.

Cionn

Personally, I wouldn't go for the Ford OEM headunits. If you do, you are severely restricting yourself in sound quality and functionality. The facia adaptors look fine if fitted correctly ('Ando' might have a photo of his). There are plenty of good value DIN headunits available (MP3 CD headunits etc.) - and they look and sound much better than the Ford ones.
    All you need is :

1) Head unit
    2) Facia Adaptor
    3) A Ford ISO Wiring adaptor

If that's still not an option for you, I'm not sure where you'd obtain the Ford OEM CD units.

Hope this helps,
    DC.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,492 ✭✭✭trotter_inc

I got a really decent Sony one from www.incarexpress.co.uk and saved over €100 on the price over here. Quick enough delivery too - only cost about €5.

Advertisement